Options

CCNP Recertify advice

bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
Hi, guys and gals. My CCNP is due to expire in February... 3 years ago, it was 4 tests including Route, Switch, ONT, and ISCW. I enjoyed the ISCW material, but really struggled on Routing and Switching, barely squeking by with passes on both tests. I see now that they've done away with ISCW and ONT and replaced them with TSHOOT, and kept ROUTE and SWITCH. I've since gone from a networking position, to a security position but would like to maintain my CCNP. I was thinking of recertifying with TSHOOT, or possibly go the CCNP Security route, and taking the SECURE test. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    If you already work in security, just take a CCNP security test. That will re-cert you.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    You don't need to take the TSHOOT exam to cover the material, just as you don't really need to re-take CCNP R&S exams to stay up to date on the material, that's what working and reading those big, thick Cisco press books are for. icon_lol.gif

On a more serious note, though, I'm going to agree with shodown and say go for the CCNP Security route. If your current job focuses more on security than regular ol' routing and switching, the security-path is probably going to serve you better in the long-run.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.