Mac Cert?

Happy New Year everyone,

Lately, I 've seen a demand for certified Mac tech's. What the deal with this cert?

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Who uses Mac? icon_twisted.gif

Probably another area to compete with MS on. I haven't seen anyone requireing let alone considering it. But I live in a hole. Where have you seen it required?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Apples strong holds, movie industry, publishing industry, schools, Apple certified repair centers. the usual suspects but those places don't avertise much on the monster dot coms of the world.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I would think that Apple certs may come into play this year as Apple recently introduced it's first Intel powered IMac. The company also announced they will completely cease production with the IBM PowerPc chip. They claim it is much faster in dual-core technology, and more stable, as well as cheaper in the long run.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Won't be long and Quad-core is comine 2007ish? Maybe even end of this year.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My friend has some Apple certs but he did them because he worked for Apple tech support. Macs are still such a minority in businesses that I doubt that they will be in extremely high demand mainstream. Apple has been selling more to college students because of their popularity with the iPod but their market share is still tiny.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan