Options

Practice Questions to Grind on?

Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello everybody,

One of my first posts here.

Anyway, I wanted to get some collaborative ideas on good resources to use for grinding SEC+ SYS 301 questions to prepare for the test. I have read Darrell Gibson's book and am looking to do some practice testing before I go for the test. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I will feel ready. I plan on using a lot of the questions from the book / already have been but also was looking for some alternate resources as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Having Darril's book and practise questions book also is a very good start, I used this and also the Exam Cram practise questions and also did the ones on the Comptia website: Sample Questions

This helped me big time, I can't remember my score but it was around 92% or something, and I attribute this to bashing out practise questions for about a week before the exam. Also check Darril's Youtube videos regarding encryption, hashing etc, very helpful stuff as it seems everyone gets these on the exam. Darril's vids are linked below:

Encryption: Security+ Encryption - YouTube
    Hashing: Security+ Hashing - YouTube
    Digital Signatures: Security+ Digital Signatures - YouTube
    HTTPs and SSL: Security+ HTTPS and SSL - YouTube

Hope this is helpful
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
    Hello everybody,

One of my first posts here.

Anyway, I wanted to get some collaborative ideas on good resources to use for grinding SEC+ SYS 301 questions to prepare for the test. I have read Darrell Gibson's book and am looking to do some practice testing before I go for the test. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I will feel ready. I plan on using a lot of the questions from the book / already have been but also was looking for some alternate resources as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The practice questions in Darril's book are enough. Use the end of chapter questions (268 of those) and the 100 question exam at the back of the book.

Buy Darril's iOS app to have a flash card deck / quiz engine.
    Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
    http://carlscertjourney.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys! I didn't think to check for apps. I'll check out those videos as well. I figured the book would be a great resource for questions as I feel it is very in-depth and to the point. I will be focusing on using this mostly but every little bit helps.

Call me crazy but I am typing up my own review too. I highlight key terms I thought I would be tested on and am typing those out as a review before I grind questions. It’s proving to be a good amount of work in its own typing this up is helping me re-familiarize myself.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi