From you study experience

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
My fellow security professionals, we all have our different methods of studying but we all know when studying for the CISSP, it requires reading some CISSP book. I would like to get a consensus on the preferred CISSP book for a Primary source and a secondary source.

1. CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Fifth Edition
2. Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Second Edition
3. CISSP Study Guide by Eric Conrad
4. CISSP For Dummies
5. CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional Study Guide
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• ZekeCISSPZekeCISSP Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    1 & 3, but I also had 4.
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Do you just want feedback from those that have completed the certification?
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    the_hutch wrote: »
    Do you just want feedback from those that have completed the certification?

Yes!!!!
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
  • ipchainipchain Member Posts: 297
    I primarily used #1, but I'd also recommend #3. When are you taking the exam? Good luck!
    Every day hurts, the last one kills.
    ipchain wrote: »
    I primarily used #1, but I'd also recommend #3. When are you taking the exam? Good luck!

Yes, have all the above, I'm but I'm stuck between reading 3 or just two, I'm leaning more towards 1 & 3 as well, I've 3 before, but not the rest of them.
  • ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    My fellow security professionals, we all have our different methods of studying but we all know when studying for the CISSP, it requires reading some CISSP book. I would like to get a consensus on the preferred CISSP book for a Primary source and a secondary source.

1. CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Fifth Edition
    2. Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK, Second Edition
    3. CISSP Study Guide by Eric Conrad
    4. CISSP For Dummies
    5. CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional Study Guide

I used 1, 2, 3, & 5 Read them multiple times. Just did retake for the 3rd time Sunday. I am hoping this is the final attempt. This test is kicking my Arse. I have never been good at test taking even through school, I was one of the students that had to put in 110% while others put in 70% and did well. I would have to mention that 3 & 5 were probably the ones that I found easiest to understand and were right to the point without adding the extra fluff and bland humor that 1 had. When are you planning on testing again?
    ejg398 wrote: »
    I used 1, 2, 3, & 5 Read them multiple times. Just did retake for the 3rd time Sunday. I am hoping this is the final attempt. This test is kicking my Arse. I have never been good at test taking even through school, I was one of the students that had to put in 110% while others put in 70% and did well. I would have to mention that 3 & 5 were probably the ones that I found easiest to understand and were right to the point without adding the extra fluff and bland humor that 1 had. When are you planning on testing again?

Within the next 60 days.....
  • ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    Within the next 60 days.....

Good thing is it should be CBT by then so you will get your results instantly. Good Luck!

Also I dont plan on touching another book until after July 14th. Gonna give myself a break while I wait for the results and after I get back from Costa Rica in July. Worst case scenerio I will hit it hard again then.
  • w77mw77m Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used 1 and 3 also. I read a chapter (domain) in Eric Congrad's book first then that domain again in AIO5. AIO goes into more details and I felt the details helped understanding certain topics. Also, manually made notes and reviewed them.