Options

the exam

ahernand221ahernand221 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
can anybody answer my question! is the os harder than the hardware; how many questions does it have and what is maximum questions you can miss.

Angel

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    CompTIA's website is here, http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/glancebox.aspx

This gives their overview for the two exams for A+ certification.

Most people who take the A+ exams think that the OS portion is more difficult than the Core.

CompTIA says that there are approximately 80 questions, and that you have to get 505 points to pass the OS portion. This is based on a scale of 100-900. How CompTIA determines that scale or how many correct questions that 505 points represents, the CompTIA folks keep to themselves. Some of the questions may not even be included in the score. Sometimes they will put some questions in the mix that they just want to determine the difficulty of, before they put them in the exam.

Just study hard and get some experience and you will pass.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    can anybody answer my question! is the os harder than the hardware; how many questions does it have and what is maximum questions you can miss.

Angel

No I did not feel one exam was 'harder' than the other. I worked in the industry a number of years prior to learning about the A+ and was more than prepared when I finally broke down and took the exams.

Some people have more of an interest in Hardware or OS so the exam may seem 'easier' but certainly they are very similar regarding the level of knowledge needed to pass.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?