CISSP taken 4/14 Saturday, results 5/15 (Passed)

shentimshentim Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd contribute as I was very anxious to receive my results. I sat for the exam in Orange County, CA on Saturday, 4/14/2012. After reading that some people received their results by emailing ISC directly, I tried it after 10 days and got a reply soon after that my results were not in yet.

I tried it again 10 days after that and had the same result. I decided to just tough it out and got the results today (5/15/12) at approximately 1:00PM PST that I had passed. Hope this helps anyone who is going through the waiting as well, and good luck!

-Tim

Comments

• shagismshagism Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I took it on the same day and I'm still waiting for my results. Hopefully this week. :D
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats and welcome to TE. What resources did you use to prepare for the test?
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Congrats!
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • shentimshentim Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Congrats and welcome to TE. What resources did you use to prepare for the test?

I studied Shon Harris' All In One CISSP Exam Guide (5th Edition) and the CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional Study Guide by J. Stewart. I also bought the Transcender practice exams online.
  • w77mw77m Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I got my results around that time too today. I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have an endorser? if so, do you personally know them? Reason I ask is that I contacted someone in our company but we don't know each other...I messed up by not contacting him months ago when I was looking for a mentor. Endorsement form ask how long they've known me so just wondering if thats going to be a problem to complete the certification.
  • shentimshentim Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    w77m wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass. I got my results around that time too today. I hope you don't mind me asking, but do you have an endorser? if so, do you personally know them? Reason I ask is that I contacted someone in our company but we don't know each other...I messed up by not contacting him months ago when I was looking for a mentor. Endorsement form ask how long they've known me so just wondering if thats going to be a problem to complete the certification.

I do have an endorser but I haven't known him for very long. I started at my current company last October and was chatting w/ some managers about the exam, one of which who offered to be my endorser whenever I passed the exam. I don't have the required years of experience yet and I've seen some job postings where the CISSP is expected within the first year of employment so I don't think it's really an issue as to how long you've known the endorser. Congrats to you as well :)
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FWIW, the guy that I'm getting my endorsement from got his CISSP endorsed by a guy who he had only known for a few months. Well, actually, he was endorsed by the guy he was replacing so I guess you could see it as not being an issue since the guy would obviously know the scope of work my guy was going to face. Another friend of mine who had been audited said that his endorsement wasn't audited. They were looking more at validating the experience he documented to sum up the 5 year requirement. So you may not have to worry all that much about the length of time you've known the person who's going to sign for you. Of course, this is extracting data from a a sample of two experiences so take it with a couple of grains of salt. icon_lol.gif

But hey, at least you guys have your results and you have up to a year (I believe) to get an endorsement. I'm still waiting for my results and I took the exam on the 14th of April. icon_sad.gif
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • TheEscapistTheEscapist Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    April 21st in Chicago still waiting for my results. This is horrible!
  • AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    But hey, at least you guys have your results and you have up to a year (I believe) to get an endorsement.

Not a year, up to nine months of your passing date.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/isc-sscp-cissp/77129-need-help-endorsement.html
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • MichaelR69MichaelR69 Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    April 21st in Chicago still waiting for my results. This is horrible!

I was in that exam also. Any results yet?