Quick question about VMWare

bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am currently using VMWare on my PC to simulate a Windows server environment. The only problem is that its an older PC which does not support Hardware virtualization so I can not install a 64-bit operating system on the virtual machines and thus can not install Windows Server 2008 R2. I have recently acquired a laptop however that I was hoping to set up in a dual boot environment with Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 8 RC. My question is, can I use the physical machine with Windows Server to manage the virtual domain on my other PC? or are there any other suggestions considering neither machine supports Hardware Virualization?
If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one

Comments

• dmac17dmac17 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am not a Guru of vmware.. However the experience I have had with workstation would tell me that you should have no issues with managing the domain of a virtual machine from a physical machine. What OS is going to be in your virtual machine ?
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If nothing else, you could RDP from your physical 2008R2 to your PC running VMware and access it that way. I'm not sure I totally understand your question.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...