Passed my test today!!

hooky13hooky13 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
Wanted to thank everyone for all the supportive tips and comments. I passed today first try with an 845!! Was a lot harder than I thought def don't sleep on this test. But I wanna give a big shoutout and thanks to Darill your book brother was my Bible my Samsung Galaxy Note was an ereader while I studies for this test!! Keep the good books coming man thank you thank you!! It took me a week and a half of studying and reading his book to get through it. I recommend on spending more time than that though lol... All in all very excited going out to celebrate birthday with the family now so this is a big bonus! icon_smile.gif

Comments

• NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Great score!!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • _Marauder_Marauder Member Posts: 132 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats! nice job
  • TridztanTridztan Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kudos on the pass and great score! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
    hooky13 wrote: »
    Wanted to thank everyone for all the supportive tips and comments. I passed today first try with an 845!! Was a lot harder than I thought def don't sleep on this test. But I wanna give a big shoutout and thanks to Darill your book brother was my Bible my Samsung Galaxy Note was an ereader while I studies for this test!! Keep the good books coming man thank you thank you!! It took me a week and a half of studying and reading his book to get through it. I recommend on spending more time than that though lol... All in all very excited going out to celebrate birthday with the family now so this is a big bonus! icon_smile.gif

This one is looking high and long and heading towards the right field wall....will it....can it.... IT'S OUT OF HERE!!!!

Congrats on the pass man!

Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
    Carl's Certification Journey | The road to getting certified can often be bumpy
    Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
    http://carlscertjourney.wordpress.com/
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Outstanding. Congratulations and good to hear the book helped. Hope you had a great birthday celebration.
  • MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    Congratulations on your Sec+ pass!

What are your future goals?
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Hooky, well done, great score, especially for minimal study!! What cert is next?
    The Wings of Technology
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome job, keep it up! I'm with everyone else, what's your next cert?
  • hooky13hooky13 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys for all the great feedback, you know I have had the love for IT for a long time and it is SOO OUTSTANDINGLY GREAT to see so many supportive people on here that have the same love that I do!! This is a community that I will be a member of forever. Next Cert you ask? That is actually a really good question.... As some of you know I work as a Network/Systems Admin for a company here in Ohio so I am a big Microsoft person because thats what I am running there. The conundrum comes from when I was in School I was majoring in Network Engineering and went through the whole Cisco course and really did well in it and loved it. So after getting the degree I though it was going to be a long rode of Cisco. I studied and studied for my CCNA and never took it because I was granted a major opportunity for a IT Director position a week after college....so then this is where the Major Microsoft knowledge had to come in. So currently to answer your questions I am going to say my MCSE. I do have the MCSA from 2003 server. My company so lovingly paid for me to have a full year of professional classes and instructor trainings through KnowledgeNet which I am really embracing right now and taking it all in. I love them because you can see the instructor they are live and they are NOT just powerpoints but Live DEMOS. So working on upgrading my Microsoft to 2008 server and pursuing the MCSE........HOWEVER........CISCO is still on the mind so I am going to see about freshening up the next couple months and sneaking in the ICND1 or (CCENT) exam.

There is one more cert I want from CompTIA as well and that is the SERVER+ exam. It would be nice to have.

Again thanks guys so much for all the help and support you guys ROCK!!