Cisco Router eSim configuration...

djjitdjjit Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm currently working on the Cisco eSim simulation software. After you configure the 3 network it tells you to configure IP Host Lab_A, IP Host Lab_B, IP Host Lab_C, IP Host Lab_D. How do I do this??? Anyone knows?? Please help icon_redface.gif

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Doesn't the software come with any instructions?
  • djjitdjjit Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No not really! I got a separate .pdf file with it too, but it does not have a step by step help feature, unfortunately. What happens is; every time you successfully complete a task it shows by indicating the word Done in front of the activity. However, when I configure the IP Host Lab_"X" step it doesn't show as complete or done. I could be configuring this incorrectly! My understanding of IP Host Lab_"X" is configuring IP name resolution for ping & Telnet purposes. Is this right??? icon_redface.gif
  • bonam004bonam004 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lab_A(config)#ip host Lab_A 192.5.5.1 205.7.5.1 201.100.11.1
    Lab_A(config)#ip host Lab_B ..........
    Lab_A(config)#ip host Lab_C ..........

and so on.. icon_lol.gif
    Thanks bonam004, I figured it out late last night. Then I saw your reply just now & was pleased to know I finally got it. Thanks heaps. icon_lol.gif
    No problem djjit, you're welcome - Do post questions when you're stuck!!

icon_lol.gif
    When planning to go for CCNA, DJJIT?
    Next Wednesday..
    Well good luck pal - Keep us informed, how you did in the exam.

How long have you been preparing for it and what resources where you using to prepare with?

C ya icon_lol.gif
    Sure, I have been seriously into it for the last 3 months. However, I did some networking when I was doing my degrees' at uni. Frankly, I have not purchased too many books; I got a CD rom (.pdf version) of Wendell Odem's 640-607 guide together with the routersim from a friend. A second hand copy of Todd Lammle's Exam notes for the old syllabus (640-507). Oh.. I did purchase a CCNA Sybex virtual Lab Gold edition sim package, which cost me AUS$279, which was a worthwhile investment, given that I have no access to routers or switches. About a month ago I purchased an exam simulator from CertSavvy.com (US$49). That's it. I will recommend Todd Lammle's Exams Notes, it is really tops (go for the new edition 640-607). So is the CertSavvy simulator. With the aid of these I am currently averaging 900+ on the simulators (note the CertSavvy simulator is much harder than the actual test) but I am still nervous & contemplating whether to reschedule the exam. How about you, what have you been working on? :P
    Well, I'm working on it for this last month or so and I'm using Todd Lammle's Book too - It's straightforward the explanation and I recommend it too - For the sims I have access to 2500 Series Routers, apart from practising a lot of quests. using Boson and Test King.

Good Luck on your exam pal !!

icon_lol.gif
    Sorry for the last post, but It's not my intention to **** - I'm just seeing different types of questions from different sources and not to memorize any answer - Its useless getting a certificate without studying for it - That's not good - Didn't meant that!!

icon_sad.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You seem to know how it works (preparing for an exam), all I can say is throw away that product. (the reason the name of that company is replaced by that sentence using our word censor, instead of just a word or a couple of XXX's is because it is the worst around... plain criminals messing up the IT industry icon_mad.gif )

PS. (you can edit your own posts ;) )

Good luck!
  • stomperstomper Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bonam004 wrote:
    Lab_A(config)#ip host Lab_A 192.5.5.1 205.7.5.1 201.100.11.1
    Lab_A(config)#ip host Lab_B ..........
    Lab_A(config)#ip host Lab_C ..........

and so on.. icon_lol.gif

Hi first time poster
    Sorry for bringing back up a topic from 2 years ago lol any way I have the same question as djjit am I right in thinking that this is the way to let your router no that you wish to use ip on these ports
    Thanks