70-662 passed!

rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
Sat this exam earlier today and passed by the skin of my teeth with a 737. For studying I used the Microsoft 70-662 Training kit and labbed stuff on an ESX server running 5 VM's - 1 edge, 4 servers that I alternated between MB/HUB/CAS and a Windows 7 client VM. I've also been working with Exchange for about 8 years which helped a lot. If you are like me and work for small company, you need to spend extra time labbing up DAG, CAS arrays, Edge sync, RBAC, Retention policies and you need to know litigation hold.

Time to celebrate...

Comments

• CChilderhoseCChilderhose Member Posts: 137
    Congrats.

Good things to know for the exam which I am taking soon.
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55
    MCITP: EA, VA, SA
    VCAP-DCD, VCP6 -- COMING SOON
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • MeatMeat Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS. Im taking this late June
  • christofurychristofury Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm a bit rusty on exchange, I sat for the boot camp back in December 2010, and never took the test, but now i'm looking at taking it soon. I've read over most of the training kit, and I have a Transcender study test (its about 100 questions) Did you use any practice exams? I feel like I understand how 2010 works including the roles and DAGS, but I haven't memorized all of the commandlets. Were there alot of command questoins?

rsutton wrote: »
    Sat this exam earlier today and passed by the skin of my teeth with a 737. For studying I used the Microsoft 70-662 Training kit and labbed stuff on an ESX server running 5 VM's - 1 edge, 4 servers that I alternated between MB/HUB/CAS and a Windows 7 client VM. I've also been working with Exchange for about 8 years which helped a lot. If you are like me and work for small company, you need to spend extra time labbing up DAG, CAS arrays, Edge sync, RBAC, Retention policies and you need to know litigation hold.

Time to celebrate...
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I will try to answer this without violating the NDA. The exam can ask you the specific commandlet to be used for any of the various areas you will get tested on. It's not practical to memorize all Exchange commandlets. Instead I recommend having a thorough understanding of commandlet syntax and knowing the more commonly used commandlets. I also recommend using POSH to do all of your lab exercises, in addition to using the EMC.