Passed Network+ with no experience

feklhrfeklhr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
It was not easy, but I passed my Network+ test today with a 770. It was the 10-04 test. I am not sure if it makes a difference or not to employers whether you pass the 10-04 or 10-05 test. Anyways, for those who are wondering if experience is required to pass this test, it is not, but it would make it MUCH MUCH MUCH easier though. For me this test was EXTREMELY hard. I studied my butt off for it, but it was worth it. Good luck to you guys who have not taken it yet!

Comments

• rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass
  • paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Grats, mines coming up soon to. Any tips on Cable Specifics? I'v been having issues memorizing Fiber details.
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • feklhrfeklhr Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keep it basic when it comes to the cabling. Just learn what cable is what type, for eaxampel 10gbaset, what is that and what is its maximum distance? They did not ask me any in-depth questions that were more complicated thean this one. Good luck!
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • WolfgangWolfgang Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job! I just sat for the 004 exam this afternoon, and you're right: it's not easy. I have some experience in networking, but it's just basic troubleshooting experience. My score was a 765, so you did a bit better than I.

Wolf
  • GeronimoGeronimo Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, feklhr and Wolfgang!
  • pioneeraaronpioneeraaron Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey guys i wanted to give this exam long bak.But didnt really have the material to do so.Any book which i can refer and then give this test?? The Book should cover basics to advance :)
  • kahnkahn Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    great job
    congrats mate,