PMP Resources

powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
Okay, I was granted three extra months to take my PMP exam. This site is more technical and there isn't a dedicated PMI area. For those of you in the know, where is the best forum for resources related to the PMP? I need a plan of attack... I feel renewed after today... I had a very productive day at work and I got the good news from PMI. I am ready to get this train moving.
2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro

Comments

• erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am glad you brought that up and I would like to see a PMP-dedicated area on this forum. The CISSP isn't a technical cert either, yet that cert has a dedicated area.

Best of luck in your PMP adventures. I now know for sure I will be taking it after December when I'm done with my PM course at school.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I know this is a little late, but I too would like to see a Project Management Cert area. I recently did the Certified Scrum Master, so other than "General Certification" it would be nice to have a repository of PM certs.

BTW - best of luck on the PMP.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What do you say mods? We have several folks here that wouldn't mind seeing a section for project management related certifications?
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    While were at it let's do one for business analyst. At least merge the two. Let's suck up some market share! Tons and tons of lame duck PM and BA sites out there.

CBAP and PMP are two of the up and coming certifications. PMP is already there. Just a thought!
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    N2 - they could probably be merged under the PM heading/area. But yeah, the logical step for most IT'ers is to move eventually to the PM role.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Thanks for PM-ing me about this thread (what, no "batsign"?), the replies in particular because the thought of such a forum had actually crossed my mind when reading the OP. You don't need to convince me of the relevance :) (CISSP gets quite technical in several domains btw), although the name is TechExams it's an IT certification forum and I think a PM forum fits fine at TE.

We typically use the amount of threads/posts in the general certs forum (or elsewhere) that we can move to it as an indicator for the need of a separate forum, until then the General certification forum is the appropriate place (not to say we mind PMP in Project+). I do see them pop up from time to time but we don't have that many threads specifically regarding PM certs (i.e. threads actually about PM certs rather than one being mentioned in a post/reply).

I'm not opposed to the idea, just need to consider the timing and options. One option could be renaming and relocating and redirecting the Project+ forum to a general PM certs forum, that would give it a good amount of threads from the start including several general PM post now in the Project+ forum, and still leave the option of splitting it up later. I'll let you know after the weekend.

And thanks for the suggestion!

Johan
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    icon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gificon_wm.gif

[better late than never.... :p]

Thanks, icon_wm.gif for your consideration. I look forward to sharing my experiences with PMP-prepping come the fall when it coincides with my PM course.
    Awesome! If we get it, that will be great. Maybe I can create a thread of substance. :)
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Ok guys, we decided to go with the option for a PM certs forums in the Others category (below ITIL). I will move related threads/posts to it after submitting this post (Edit: done). The Project+ will remain in it's own forum.

Enjoy!
    Johan
    Thanks!
  • Brain_PowerBrain_Power Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 163
    I took the PMP exam this year and failed...The exam is different than Microsoft and tech exams. There are tons of room for mistakes in opinion based answers on what the right answer is and not to mention the the math formulas. I have no desire to revisit this exam the rest of my life. I thought I knew the material and was not even close...
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Brain I know the feeling.

I rated highly in planning and execution but did awful in initation, control and monitoring, and closure. I felt I barely failed but it was discouraging enough for me to sit the CAPM.

I'm getting back on the horse and plan on doing the RMP then the SP, then once I get back into a project role the PMP.