Passed Sec+ today

kelevra-kelevra- Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Used a combo of CBT nuggets and Darril's book so a big thanks to Darril!

The book really gave more relevant info that the nuggets did.

Score was 848

Will probably carry on with MCITP:EA now although i was thinking about Net+ or Proj+

I lurked here for tips!

Comments

• Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I hope to have mine completed here in a few weeks as well. I am using Darril's book as well.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and well done, great score, "I might have to lend you my nealing mat that I used for Darril's book"..............like many of us, I have nothing but praise for his work. There are many authors out there, but not so many that have a telant for teaching the technical in a non-technical manner and use techniques which prove easy comprehension and simplicity for students.
    The Wings of Technology
  • babarricusbabarricus Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great score, well done! icon_cheers.gif
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations. Glad to hear the book helped.

Good luck with your next adventure, whatever you decide on.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Congrats. Go for the EA. With the exception of security+, CompTIA doesn't carry much weight in my neck of the woods.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • DarthVaderDarthVader Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree CompTIA in many arenas is seen as being very unimpressive.
    They tend to be very basic exams that just test your knowledge of vocabulary.
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the great score. x99999 on Darrils book. There's no question it is an excellent resource for this exam.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    +1 on the congrats for the pass, always good to knock sec+ out. I'll also second the use of Darrils book, excellent resource for this exam.
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD