Passed PPO

Le ChiffreLe Chiffre Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all

I sat the PPO exam a couple of days ago and passed it with a score of 95% (38/40)
This means I catched the 5 points question 7 times and the 3 points one one time

I did not found it much harder than the two official samples. I do not remember very well, but I am almost sure that the scenarios were five instead of eight, which means two sets of answers for each one of three scenarios.

These are my results until now:

Foundations: 97% - 39/40
OSA: 88% - 35/40
PPO: 95% - 38/40

Will now decide which one to take next between OSA and RCV

Bye

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Le Chiffre wrote: »
    Hello all

I sat the PPO exam a couple of days ago and passed it with a score of 95% (38/40)
    This means I catched the 5 points question 7 times and the 3 points one one time

I did not found it much harder than the two official samples. I do not remember very well, but I am almost sure that the scenarios were five instead of eight, which means two sets of answers for each one of three scenarios.

These are my results until now:

Foundations: 97% - 39/40
    OSA: 88% - 35/40
    PPO: 95% - 38/40

Will now decide which one to take next between OSA and RCV

Bye

Awesome job. I have service transition lined up in two weeks. Hopefully I will be posting something similar
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    May I ask what material did you prepare from? any tips
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • newmovenewmove Member Posts: 108
    I like the way he finished with bye. Nice for letting us know and congrats ;)!
    newmove wrote: »
    I like the way he finished with bye. Nice for letting us know and congrats ;)!

Hiliarous! icon_lol.gif
  • Le ChiffreLe Chiffre Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys

First of all sorry for my english. It seems that I used the word "bye" in a wrong context. My intention was only to give a salutation to the forum. icon_sad.gif

@pumbaa_g
    I used the material from the ATO. The scenarios they provide by the way are the official ones so I had only the 16 questions to prepare to.
    I think it is very important as well to read the chapters regarding the five processes from the Strategy and the Design OGC books.
    At last, i buyed as well this handbook from TSO: "Planning, protection and optimization ITIL V3 intermediate capability handbook" - here is the cover

9780113312726_l.jpg

After reading the material I studied the 16 questions trying to give each answer the right number of points (5, 3, 1, 0). I did it many times, each 10 days to two weeks to be sure that I did not rembebered the right answers.

I took the exam online. The provider offers web proctoring and they were very porofessional.

I hope this helps
    Le Chiffre wrote: »
    Hi guys

First of all sorry for my english. It seems that I used the word "bye" in a wrong context. My intention was only to give a salutation to the forum. icon_sad.gif

@pumbaa_g
    I used the material from the ATO. The scenarios they provide by the way are the official ones so I had only the 16 questions to prepare to.
    I think it is very important as well to read the chapters regarding the five processes from the Strategy and the Design OGC books.
    At last, i buyed as well this handbook from TSO: "Planning, protection and optimization ITIL V3 intermediate capability handbook" - here is the cover

9780113312726_l.jpg

After reading the material I studied the 16 questions trying to give each answer the right number of points (5, 3, 1, 0). I did it many times, each 10 days to two weeks to be sure that I did not rembebered the right answers.

I took the exam online. The provider offers web proctoring and they were very porofessional.

I hope this helps

Awesome write up! Thanks for the information, this is one of the courses I was interesting in taking.
  • pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    Thank you for the extensive write up, will help me prepare for the same :)

BTW just a question I noticed that you are giving all the exams from the capability stream, I was told that you should mix and match between Capability Stream and Lifecycle to achieve the ideal combination

Any thoughts on this?
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • ViciousQueViciousQue Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed RCV two months ago and just took the PPO exam Friday and was wiped out... On the RCV I actually picked a zero point question and pulled out a pass. These versions of tests are very unforgiving so hopefully my attempt at PPO will bear fruit. Is it just me or do you get questions that do not compare to the practice exams?
    For my PPO exam I had eight scenarios with each of the eight questions linked to one of them so basically 8 questions linked to eight scenarios. Previously it was questions linked to three or so of the scenarios. Is this the shape of things to come or did I just get a fluke test?
  • Le ChiffreLe Chiffre Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @pumbaa_g
    If you are pursueing a path that leads to the Expert Certification you should avoid overlaping as stated here:
    http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILCreditAdministrationPolicy.aspx
    V3_module_overlap_table_updated.gif

@ViciousQue
    Actually I had 5 scenarios with 8 questions
    Just passed PPO with a 95% had a small problem with the Capacity portion, picked the second best answer...
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! That's a great result
  • zooba72zooba72 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm interested in preparing for the ITIL PPO exam using a self-study method. Can anyone provide links to questions and/or free material? I purchased the

ITIL V3 Service Capability PPO Certification Exam Preparation Course in a Book for Passing the ITIL V3 Service Capability PPO Exam - the How to Pass on Your First Try Certification Study Guide by Tim Malone, Ivanka Menken and Gerard Blokdijk (Mar 10, 2009)

Looking for some information to supplement it. Thank you
    Hi Zooba

To present for any of the ITIL Intermediate exams you must take a course via an accredited training provider. They will provide the material you need and access to the sample exams - you are unlikely to find the sample exams anywhere else.

You can study for the exam via classroom training, online instructor led training or e-learning - just make sure your training provider is accredited.

Claire
  • sdeskssdesks Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There are a few LinkedIn communites that are 100% focused on the certifications and exams with lots of great feedback for m students who have already completed the ITIL expert track or are in the process of doing do. If you do a search on ITIL groups they will all pop up. Hope this is helpful
  • zooba72zooba72 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Claire,

I've been researching this and It's my understanding that it is not necessary to take a class prior to registering for any of the intermediate exams. I understand that it is recommended, but I have always had success using a self-study methodology.

Can you please provide a link to where it says I must take a class before taking an ITIL intermediate exam? IMO that would be very unfair and another gimmick for collecting training dollars.

Thank you!
    Hi Zooba

You are allowed to self-study for the Foundation exam, but at Intermediate level you must take an accredited course either online or in a classroom. This is stated in the syllabus document for each course - you can see for example the Service Strategy syllabus which you can download from this page: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILQualificationLevels/ServiceStrategy.aspx

The exam pre-requisites include attending accredited training.

Whenever you register for an Intermediate exam, the exam provider will ask to see a course completion certificate or other evidence that you have attended accredited training. There is a lot of confusing information on the web about ITIL training and what's needed and what isn't - if you have any questions please feel free to message me and I'll try to help.

Kind regards

Claire