Scheduled for May 24th

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
Just passed 293 this morning and I'm already working on 294. With my knowledge and experience, I figure 3 weeks is good enough time for study and lab. I have it scheduled for the 24th!

Any tips or suggestions you guys would like to offer? :)

Comments

• luckyneoluckyneo Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    phoeneous, Congrats on the pass!!! I though the 70-293 was probably the toughest yet of the MCPs I have done....

I am now working on the 70-294 as well; I have only just started this week and hope to get it done by the end of the month I will let you know how I get on. I’m just using the MS Press book and CBT nuggets again.
    Getting the exam done by the 24th will be very ambitious for me but it helps knowing someone else is still doing the same track!

Good luck
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Best of luck to you too!

Luckily I have my old TestOut copies from college for this exam which I think are slightly better than CBT Nuggets. My employer got me CBT Nuggets so I'll just use it as a supplement. I also have the MS Press training kit book which I really only use for the exercises and index. And of course, can't beat virtualbox for labbing although with 3 dc's and 3 clients, my processor utilization is reaching 75%.
    luckyneo wrote: »
    phoeneous, Congrats on the pass!!! I though the 70-293 was probably the toughest yet of the MCPs I have done....

I am now working on the 70-294 as well; I have only just started this week and hope to get it done by the end of the month I will let you know how I get on. I’m just using the MS Press book and CBT nuggets again.
    Getting the exam done by the 24th will be very ambitious for me but it helps knowing someone else is still doing the same track!

Good luck
  • ASUSTeKASUSTeK Member Posts: 148
    I too have 294 Exam this month and 298 the following month.. I decided to complete my MCSE as a personal goal.. I cant wait. Hope everything goes well for you good luck. BTW it is good to know that i have some company on this one...
    The Begining Of Wisdom Is "I Don't Know".
    So far so good. Most of the stuff that I've gone over I have experience in, especially group policy. How are you guys doing?
    Off to a slow start loads happening at work and home rig has gone due south failed PSU bad times still trying for this month the fact you have book at date is driving me on hope to have a good cram session this weekend aiming for the end of the month
    Hi Phoeneous<BR><BR>Any news did you sit the exam?  PASS?  My studying has picked up but I have had to move to my MAC for the labs as my home Rig is still dead in the water.......<BR><BR>I am looking to sit the exam on the 1st of June I wanted to do it this week but just havent got through enough of the material to be confident.... I will update next week if I miss the date<BR><BR>All the best<BR><BR>:)
    Failed with a 682 icon_sad.gif

I underestimated this one. I thought my knowledge and experience would be enough so I didn't really prepare much. 3 weeks just wasnt enough prep time.

I need to do more detailed labs with group policy.
    Just scheduled second attempt for June 15th. I've already begun several group policy labs. I'm also redoing my virtualbox configs so that I can setup multiple subnets to do more sites and services labs. I will not fail again!
    Hi Phoeneous, Sorry to hear about the miss must have been close... I wanted to sit the exam this week but looks like I am going to have to sit it a week on Friday as work is getting in the way......Think I need a lot more practice yet. Sounds like there is a lot of site stuff in the exam........ need to hit it hard this week...... Good luck with the study
    Took it again this morning and passed with an 820! On to 70-297.
  • pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    God deserves my best
    Congrats on the pass
    Booked for the 28th of June hopefully see you on the 297 before long

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DOSDOS Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    phoeneous wrote: »
    Took it again this morning and passed with an 820! On to 70-297.

Wow, you kicked ass. Nice scoreicon_thumright.gif
    DOS wrote: »
    Wow, you kicked ass. Nice scoreicon_thumright.gif

Yeah, I was very surprised when I saw that score. I honestly thought that I was going to score in the mid 700's. I think what helped the most was more lab time. The material for this test is so dry and boring that reading alone will not help you pass imho.
    luckyneo wrote: »
    Booked for the 28th of June hopefully see you on the 297 before long

icon_rolleyes.gif

Good luck. Try to do as many AD labs as possible.
    Well it toook a couple of weeks longer than planed but finally passed the 70-294 this morning...... Man that was a lot of work think this is the most amount of work I have put it to one of these MCPs which is scary given the I have the 70-297 exam to go....

Thanks for the advise I did loads of labs stuff and still got a bit flustered with the sims of which I think there were about 8 or so I had 50q in total....

Well on to the 70-297 I would love to get this done in July and put the MCSE to bed

Good luck to all

Cheers :)
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Great job icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

Failed 297 yesterday icon_sad.gif

I hate the testlet format.