Options

Default qos markings

phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
If no marking is done at the switch, is it correct to assume that with cucm 8.6 the default marking will be whatever is configured in enterprise parameters under the 'DSCP for Phone Configuration' entry? Or does the physical phone itself send out a marking?

Comments

• Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Still working through QoS myself, but my understanding is that the IP phone marks the voice packet with the appropriate DSCP value. It then comes down to at which point in the network you trust that marking (or remark it).
  • Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    azaghul wrote: »
    Still working through QoS myself, but my understanding is that the IP phone marks the voice packet with the appropriate DSCP value. It then comes down to at which point in the network you trust that marking (or remark it).

I'll run a sniffer to confirm but I think it comes from the phone, then cucm, then switch, then router.
  • Options
    drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    The phones will mark by default.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You'll want to trust from switch port (if you enable qos on the switch without trusting marking the switch will rewrite the value itself). Also, trust the marking as far as you need to.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."