Options

Need some quick advice

ClapDemCheeksClapDemCheeks Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
So i just got an offer for a Desktop position ($10 hr). Now my main goal is to be a network admin or engineer. Now, i already have 4 years of desktop experience. Do you guys think i should still take this position?

Comments

• Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    is it a pay increase, does the other position offer something your current position does not? if it does move on 4 years without any role upgrade sounds like a dead end company career wise
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Sounds quite low. I would be expecting more than that if all I did was polish keyboards for 4 years.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    BigMevyBigMevy Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you have a job now? If you do have one doing the same thing, seems like there's no reason to make a lateral move unless they state that there's opportunity for advancement and you don't have that where you are.

If you don't have a job now, it's worth considering. It's generally a pretty well known fact that you're more valuable to a new company with a job than without.
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Like others have said, if you dont have a job or is a pay increase, its worth taking into consideration.
    Else, try to find something else.
    meh
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    If you have 4 years of desktop experience then why are you still looking for another desktop job, especially one this low paying?
  • Options
    healthyboyhealthyboy Banned Posts: 118 ■■□□□□□□□□
    seriously bro,

get out, its not worth being in a dead end company it will make your career dead,

im in the same boat.
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    If you want to get out of desktop support, the only desktop support jobs you should be looking at are those that offer room for advancement.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V