Ccnp !!!!!

vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
Sent TSHOOT packing with a 931/1000 and in doing so I finally joined the ranks of the CCNP! It took me 1 year and 7 months but I am finally done. Will post a more in depth write up of TSHOOT in a few. Now it's party time!
Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...

Comments

• Nate--IRL--Nate--IRL-- Member Posts: 103 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats - I meant to wish you luck in the other thread :) Glad to hear it went well.

Nate
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • MrBishopMrBishop Member Posts: 229
    congrats
    Degrees
    M.S. Internet Engineering | M.S. Information Assurance
    B.S. Information Technology | A.A.S Information Technology
    Certificaions
    Currently pursuing: CCIE R&Sv5
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Awesome vinbuck!! Congrats on your accomplishment!

So what's the scoop on your next certification? Or are you gonna take it easy for awhile
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks y'all! It feels good..

@ Mr. Brian

I have a few other vendor certs that i'm gonna do while i'm at work (Adtran, Mikrotik) and i'm gonna take a break for the summer. After that CCIE is up next. I thought about doing CCIP in between, but they are retiring that one and I need a bit of a break before I prepare to slay the IE beast.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats! on to the next.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    vinbuck wrote: »

@ Mr. Brian

I have a few other vendor certs that i'm gonna do while i'm at work (Adtran, Mikrotik) and i'm gonna take a break for the summer. After that CCIE is up next. I thought about doing CCIP in between, but they are retiring that one and I need a bit of a break before I prepare to slay the IE beast.

Yea I was disappointed that the CCIP is done too. That was my line of thinking as well.. go for the CCIP, learn important technologies, and offload some of the CCIE material so when I finally get to the CCIE it won't be as hefty. Still hefty nonetheless though lol. I've been researching the SP and SP OPS certs a little to see if those appeal to me since they're basically what's replacing CCIP.. decisions, decisions.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    It's about time! :D

Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • 7of97of9 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! :D
    Working on Security+ study, then going back to re-do my Cisco Certs, in between dodging moose and riding my Harley
  • wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Excellent work! Congratulations!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats, man! I have read most of your posts over time, and I've really appreciated your thoughts as you went through the CCNP experience. I'm still slogging through ROUTE studies at the moment (I'm in no hurry), but I hope to have it this year.
  • waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Please share your ccnp journey?.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the well wishes y'all! Kinda wondering what to do with myself now that I'm not studying. I'm sure ill figure out something.
  • waragiwaragi Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any insights that you have for ccnp to people still slogging it out would be nice.