Wlan

gergergerger Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a computer and connected the Internet across wireless. may my computer does not ip address?

Comments

• fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    in order for a computer to gain access to the internet must request an ip address. if the ip address available then the computer access the internet.
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    gerger wrote: »
    I have a computer and connected the Internet across wireless. may my computer does not ip address?

umm, yes... if your computer is associated with an SSID, has the correct password for that SSID, and there are available IP addresses in the router/switches DHCP pool.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    You can be conncted to an SSID and not acquire an IP address. Make sure you're password for the SSID is correct
  • luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    Check on your PC if you have and address that start like 169.254 ( APIPA ) , if you have that on your ipconfig that means you are not contacting the dhcp server , but if you pass the wlan authentication with the right credentials and the problem persist just go to the cmd on your station and apply ipconfig /release after ipconfig /renew, then if that still not help just configure a static IP address, ipconfig /ip 192.168.bla.bla ipconfig /dg 192.168.bla.bla, I am new to IT , just trying to help. Hope this help.
    Thanks