Cisco ASA 5505 used just to Tunnel VOiP ?

kmcintosh78kmcintosh78 Member Posts: 195
I know that the 5505 can't do trunked ports.
And I know that the current license will only allow I think 2 interfaces for VLAN.
But, is it possible to parse out a subnet from the inside and tunnel the VOiP traffic to a corresponding ASA 5505?
What I am working on
CCNP Route (Currently) 80% done
CCNP Switch (Next Year)
CCNP TShoot (Next Year)

Comments

• drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    sure, just match the interesting traffic.

if it is traffic sourced from 10.1.1.1 then you'd no-nat this and match it and send it through the tunnel - I dont understand why though, since the encryption/decryption process on the voice packets may have ill effect
  • kmcintosh78kmcintosh78 Member Posts: 195
    K, that makes sense.
    Next question would be if I have a Corp Office, internal networks 10.0.0.0 255.255.0.0. Can I basically clone the internal network there, push it to the remote site using say the back 30 IPs for the subnets, and create the site to site tunnel to allow ALL traffic, will that create issues and will that create a load balancing affect?
    Or, should I just tunnel the internal networks, and not include the outside traffic?
    What I am working on
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
  • drkatdrkat Banned Posts: 703
    I dont understand?

If you want to tunnel everything through your vpn then you would want match anything on your crypto map acl

if you just want voice to go through the tunnel then you can just match the traffic from say the end point subnet

Can you clarify a bit more?
  • kmcintosh78kmcintosh78 Member Posts: 195
    No need, as what I responded with was kind of half baked.
    I know what I need to do, just need to get the Corp ASA able to Ping the Mitel System. Static route should take care of that.
    What I am working on
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)