8 Rules For Creating A Passionate Work Culture

NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
8 Rules For Creating A Passionate Work Culture | Fast Company

1. Hire the right people
Hire for passion and commitment first, experience second, and credentials third.

Comments

• NoercNoerc Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for sharing this article.
    "Their reasoning is simple: it is this interaction that helps breed revolutionary ideas. Creative and engineering chat over coffee."
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I always think of Office Space, "if I move a few extra units I don't see another dime." Two places I have worked offered bonuses based on how the company did. One expected this to make up for putting in a ton of extra hours (which it didn't make up for). My last company would give out a "bonus", but it was very very small. In my last year there it was actually just plain insulting what they gave out. It was really insulting when you looked at how well the company did and found out what cut the partners split amongst themselves. I agree that communication is key, but you also have to show you plan on doing something about it. Had plenty of managers who I've spoken too about issues faced by the team, would give me lip service, and then nothing changed. Once I stopped talking and let them know I was leaving it was "wait, this is coming out of no where, you never said anything." Oh I did, you just choose to ignore it ;) Good article!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff