need to learn ospf and bgp

beginner_ccnabeginner_ccna Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
got a few weeks to learn ospf and bgp to do a lab

anyone got any links,tips, advise and best and easiest way to digest these concepts

your guys input would be much appreciated icon_smile.gif

Comments

• YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can't speak for BGP, but the way I learned OSPF was book + video + lab
  • deth1kdeth1k Member Posts: 312
    what sort of lab? interview? get yourself some books and read...ospf configuration guide and internet routing architectures vol2.
  • r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BGP is a bit out of scope for the CCNA, but your best bet for a "quick" learn is videos, books and lab up some configuration examples. There are plenty YouTube videos by Chris Bryant, Jeremy Cioara, Kevin Wallace, etc...Google is also your friend. Chris Bryant also has plenty short videos on his website.
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • beginner_ccnabeginner_ccna Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    its for progression

im going to be tested on a lab and got a feeling that these will be tested along with mpls

so anyone common mistakes or lab tips are welcome icon_smile.gif

got some serious studying to do in the next few weeks
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Go read Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi. the first half of the book is theory, the second half configuration. if you've got a lab to work with, mimic his configurations and make them work and make sure you understand them. This is how I learned BGP initially. BGP you absolutely positively must get hands on with, particularly if they're going to test you in a lab, videos and reading aren't going to be enough, unless you happen to be a network prodigy or savant.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    @OP - That's one tall order to learn bgp, ospf, and mpls in a few weeks! Not sure how in depth they're looking for, a high level overview maybe, but yea, all of those technologies can go pretty deep. Best wishes to you though.

@Forsaken_GA - "unless you happen to be a network prodigy or savant" hahaha.. that's some funny stuff right there
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi