Options

Reston 5/6/2012

Ricky5chsRicky5chs Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Starting a thread for all of us that took the exam on 5/6/12 in Reston. This was my second time taking the exam so hopefully I get better results this time.

Good Luck to everyone.

Comments

• Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wishing you the best of luck. 'Perseverance Pays'
  • Options
    nomadicallynomadically Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the Reston 5/6 exam also. Good luck to everyone that was there. I'm not confident I passed. But as I recall questions and look them up, I'm finding I picked the best answer except for a couple. Guess I'll find out in a month or so after the results are mailed.
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Good luck gentlemen. The waiting sucks, but it's all worth it in the end.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    The first time I tested I had really poor time management. I also went into the exam answering questions like a technician. I felt more confident the second time around. I scored a 685 the fist time so hopefully I can get over the hump.
  • Options
    Ricky,
    Just checking to see if you recently received a survey regarding the 5/6 exam. I didn't get one myself, but I believe only some people receive it.

Good luck on your exam results.
  • Options
    @nomadically,

As of today I have not received a survey. The first time I took the exam I received the survey roughly 3 weeks after taking the exam. So I'm not too caught up in the pass/fail myth based on receiving the survey.
  • Options
    I took the test 5/6/12 so I wasn't expecting my results until Friday at the earliest.

But low and behold, the email arrived around 4:30PM today with the words "Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you've passed the CISSP exam."

Funny thing was, I didn't see it until around midnight while I was out walking my dog. After reading it, I was walking on cloud nine. 30 seconds later I'm picking up dog poo. icon_rolleyes.gif Talk about extremes.

Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    I passed.. and I just heard from a classmate, who took it in Reston also on that day, that he passed.

Whew.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations! I took mine on 5/5. Still waiting on the results. If I paid 2.5K for the official training plus $600 for the exam, I can call every day, right? I joke, I joke... ;)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Congratulations! I took mine on 5/5. Still waiting on the results. If I paid 2.5K for the official training plus $600 for the exam, I can call every day, right? I joke, I joke... ;)

For that much you should be allowed to call every hour. :)