what the microsoft equivalent or ccent and net+?

does microsoft have a equivalent test to these certs? if so what is it ?

thanks..
WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Do you mean a networking certification or just entry level? I'd say MCP/MCTS from what little I know about the MS certs.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    I mean what's microsoft entry level networking test. I know the tests are MCTS now but i wanted to know what # it was...
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    the mcse briefly goes into basic network protocols as they apply to windows servers and subnetting and the mcdst refers to simple tools such as tracert and pung, but thats as far down the networking rabbithole ive seen a microsoft certification go. if networking tickles your fancy, stick to the cisco certs

sorry for the grammar and spelling in advance. on my touchpad
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    They don't have one besides what Iristheangel pointed out. Microsoft doesn't make networking gear so it would be kind of pointless for them to have certification for it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    70-642 is most involved with networking, but it's not a networking exam.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman