ICND1 - Passed!!!

apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
WOO HOO!!! Second time around and managed to squeeze by with a 812 (needed 804). I was glad to identify my real weak areas so I can go back and review those before I move onto the ICND2 studies.

At this point, I'm just relieved to pass!

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! It always feels good to get a pass and a cert
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    Congrats! Just barely squeaked it though, eh?

Did you have any thoughts as to how you were doing as you took the test? For me I had quite a few questions where I was 75% on one answer and 25% another, and at one point thought I was surely going to fail. How did you feel throughout the exam?
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Nice one!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • apoole15apoole15 Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! These Cisco exams are alot more stressful to me than the Microsoft exams were (mainly because you can't go back and review/change your answers).

Darthn3ss - I was sweating bullets before and throughout the exam. I thought I still wasn't prepared enough but had forgot to reschedule it.

The first 5 or so questions I felt really confident on - then I would hit a snag, regain my confidence, lose my confidence, etc. With about 10 questions to go I felt as though I was borderline passing. Of those final 10, I felt great on 5 of them and iffy on the other 5. All in all, I did not know what I expected when I clicked to see my score. I knew I felt better than I did the first time I took the exam but wasn't sure if it was enough. Happily, it was just enough :D

Also - I ran into several questions where I felt the same as you - I would eliminate all of the possible answers except 2 and would feel 75% on one and 25% on the other...
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ThunderPipeThunderPipe Member Posts: 120
    Congrats. ICND2 had a few more simulations than ICND1 if I remember correctly. What areas did the print out show were the weak ones?
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
  • DynaiceDynaice Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job! Way to not give up and earn that feeling of passing, oh and the cert :)
  • steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done! :D Celibration is in order I think!
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz!!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Just squeaked by! Congrats!
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • OscedumirOscedumir Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey a pass is a pass man!! take a moment to celebrate and then on to the next challenge! Congratulations!!