Options

WGU MBA in IT Management - Thoughts? Experiences?

wellnowwhatwellnowwhat Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been looking at the different WGU programs and their MBA in IT Management seems very interesting. Does anyone here have any experience with the program and/or has anyone graduated from the program?

Comments

• Options
    EZ21EZ21 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DON'T DO IT! It is not AACSB accredited, which means your MBA won't be worth anything more than the paper it's printed on. People here who don't have an MBA will probably say otherwise, however, you have been warned. And this is absolutely nothing against WGU.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    . . . go look on LinkedIn, to see how graduates of your chosen school are faring. Most state schools and some top-tier name schools lack AACSB, and you do not often see these people have issues with their resumes.

AACSB is mostly an issue in two situations: 1) you're going to teach; 2) you're trying to get into a Fortune 500 or Fortune 100 company.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    wellnowwhatwellnowwhat Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    go look on LinkedIn, to see how graduates of your chosen school are faring.

I tried to look into the LinkedIn group for WGU Alumns and what-not, but unfortunately I wasn't really able to find much as the group is locked down to Alumns and students only.. I was hoping that someone here might be able to shed some more light on the program.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Just go to advanced search and put "Western Governors" in the school field and choose the job types to narrow it down further to technology. I found hundreds of WGU grads that way
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com