Options

CCNA Security Study Material

JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
Just wondering what everyone says are the best books and manuals? I have access to CBTNuggets at work so I just need lab manuals and a good book.

Comments

• Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It depends on which exam are you looking forward to take since the 640-553 (the one with SDM) will be expired on September 30. The 640-554 just came out with the CCP (replaces the SDM) and ASA. The cost of the ASA device is one of the reasons why I decided to stick with the old version. I'm currently studying for it using Catherine Paquet as my only learning resource beside labbing. I plan to purchase the Boson ExSim-Max practice exams after I'm done reading.
  • Options
    JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
    Yeah I'm going to try and do it by September too. I have already watched all the cbtnuggets videos. I just need a book and a lab manual now to read over things and practice.
  • Options
    JasonXJasonX Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Check your PM.
    2016 Certification Goals:
    CCIE R/S Written: ???
    CCIE R/S Lab: ???
    Add me on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-meier/38/912/280/
  • Options
    tr1xtr1x Member Posts: 213
    It depends on which exam are you looking forward to take since the 640-553 (the one with SDM) will be expired on September 30. The 640-554 just came out with the CCP (replaces the SDM) and ASA. The cost of the ASA device is one of the reasons why I decided to stick with the old version. I'm currently studying for it using Catherine Paquet as my only learning resource beside labbing. I plan to purchase the Boson ExSim-Max practice exams after I'm done reading.

I see you're taking the same major as me. Do you know which voucher (the CCP exam or SDM exam) WGU is offering? I think I'll have that class done before Sept 30th but I'd like to take the newer, more relevant exam.
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    @tr1x: I believe they will let you take either exam. You just need to make it clear when you request it. I haven't taken it yet but will take it next month.