Options

CISSP prep questions

jpkennedy79jpkennedy79 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Other than Shon Harris's 3rd edition all in one book, what would you recommend as the next best?

Also, are there any good test exams worth buying? What have you found to the best?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Other than Shon Harris's 3rd edition all in one book, what would you recommend as the next best?
    The official ISC2 guide is most recommended next to the Shon Harris book.

I'm using the CramMasters from ExamForce, which is nice as it contains the QUE CISSP guide in PDF format.

PrepLogic and Boson also offer CISSP products and I'm sure both are worth the money.

Also check out our free practice test:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/isc2_cissp.shtml

and a whole lot of free questions at www.cccure.org
  • Options
    Webmaster wrote:
    The official ISC2 guide is most recommended next to the Shon Harris book.

I'm using the CramMasters from ExamForce, which is nice as it contains the QUE CISSP guide in PDF format.

PrepLogic and Boson also offer CISSP products and I'm sure both are worth the money.

Also check out our free practice test:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/isc2_cissp.shtml

and a whole lot of free questions at www.cccure.org

Thank you.
  • Options
    Is there a general recommendation of reading order for the Shon Harris and official ISC2 guide? Does anyone think it is better to read one first rather than second? Thanks.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I could not give you an honest answer on this. The official book was not out when I took the exam. The only books that I looked at were the Shon Harris and the Passport book. This combined with the free info and questions on CCCure.org.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Shon Harris is the easiest read. The ISC2 official material is the most relevant and to the point literature. Many people complain about how "hard" of a read the ISC2 material is, but it's really not that bad if you have the experience required. The ISC2 official material assumes you do actually meet the 4 year requirement, so it's really written as a guidance tool to give you a good idea of what material you will be tested on. The official material is actually going through some re-vamping now as it is constantly updated. I will tell you this; the best prep is attending an official review seminar. The material you will get there is updated pretty much quarterly.

I guess now would be as good a time as any to announce that I am now an official member of the ISC2 Training Corps. And will probably meet some of you while delivering the official review seminars and awareness training/conferences. My company is also now an ISC2 Affiliate and licensed to host the review seminars. As I now have the official material handy and will be getting (and contributing) to the updates on a monthly basis, I will do whatever I can (without violating my agreement with ISC2) to assist those of you preparing or considering preparing for the SSCP and CISSP. I'm also registered to spend 4 weeks with ISC2 this quarter to actually take ISSMP and ISSEP examinations also. So for those of you who meet the requirements for the CISSP or SSCP, but have been holding off or just maybe a little intimidated, buckle up and go for it!!! I, the other CISSP's, and everyone else here experienced in information security are here and ready to serve ya!!!

Good luck.

Keatron