CBT is finally official in the US today, just booked!

TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
I guess ISC2 is anxious to get started on the CBT version, I just booked my exam for Friday, July 20 at 8am......
Bachelors of Science in Technical Management - Devry University
Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
Masters of Science in Information Assurance - Western Governors University
Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    Good luck to you; one of the first!

Is this your first time taking the CISSP? I took the traditional exam on the 20th and it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. CBT is the way to go.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Beautiful thing. Now I'm out of excuses for not taking the test.
  • TBRAYSTBRAYS Member Posts: 267
    Good luck to you; one of the first!

Is this your first time taking the CISSP? I took the traditional exam on the 20th and it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. CBT is the way to go.

I took it on September 2011 and came up short......
    Masters of Information Systems Management with Enterprise Information Security - Walden University
    Masters of Science Cyber Security/Digital Forensics - University of South Florida
    Wow you took it in the future? That's cooler than CBT itself! ;)
    Wow you took it in the future? That's cooler than CBT itself! ;)

Huh, lol
  • ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TBRAYS wrote: »
    I guess ISC2 is anxious to get started on the CBT version, I just booked my exam for Friday, July 20 at 8am......

Almost 3 weeks out now and wishing I would have waited for the CBT for this attempt. Hope all goes well for you this next time.
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck on the test! It was too far out for me as I started studying late last year and I didn't think I could handle waiting all the way out until July. Luckily things worked out for me so I won't have to see this beast of a test on screen but I definitely would like to hear your experience with it.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do wonder if they just cut the test off if you've missed too many rather than making you suffer through all 250 if there's no way you could actually pass it by that point (because of missing too many).... interesting...
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @holysheetman. While we all entertain and offer ideas on how they grade the paper-based exam, we don't know exactly how. It will remain a very closely guarded secret and is now a part of ISC2 history as of 2 June 2012. I do know that some questions are worth more points than others. There was rumor of a curve of sorts, and there were the 25 beta questions that we all get but don't know which ones. It's my understanding that the CBT questions are graded similarly based on complexity of the question/s asked, and that the beta questions also carry over. But the CBT is not an adaptive test as other certs provide or used to provide. CompTIA, for example offered the Security + as an adaptive exam during the early thrrough mid-2000's, so if you were 50 questions into the test and it didn't stop you to say 'you don't need to answer any more questions, because you passed,' then you knew you were in trouble and had to buckle down, because you could not go back and change any questions other than the ones you marked for review.
    Also, adaptive exams would let you know without telling you directly that your previous question answered was incorrect, as the exams would ask you questions along the same line for about two or three times in a row.
    CISSP Computer Based Test is NOT adaptive, so you will have to answer all 255 questions. It does not ask questions along the same subject if you miss previous questions within the same domain. If you take the CBT and see questions grouped together, then take it as coincidence only. The exam will NOT stop you if you miss 70 questions, as you can go back and change as many questions as you wish as long as there is time on the clock.
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cool thanks for the reply kalkan
    cool thanks for the reply kalkan

I told my wife, I need to take Shon Harris on a date, because I'm starting to dream about her talking to me about the CBK, lmao!
    I need to take Shon Harris on a date!

Barf. I'm sure she's nice in real life but after watching 2 of her career academy dvds I wanted to punch a live light bulb.
    Barf. I'm sure she's nice in real life but after watching 2 of her career academy dvds I wanted to punch a live light bulb.

Now thats funny, I swear I'm hearing her in my sleep, I just hope I don't say her name while sleeping because that will cause some issues with my wife, lmao!
  • PaperlanternPaperlantern Member Posts: 352
    I scheduled my CBT last week for the 16th of July at 8am. I'm freaking out! Ive already gone through the CISSP Study Guide by Eric Conrad, Seth Misenar and Joshua Feldman, as well as gotten through some Online Training we have access to at my job. Im only 3 videos from completing that, once done there I will review my two weakest areas, and then take their final exam and see how I do there. I also have the Harris AIO, and the Official Guide to the CISSP CBK Second edition. Will probably try to get through those in the next 5 weeks and then try to find even more practice questions to drill on. It's been a long journey already and I don't even feel like ive even really begun to get into it seriously yet, up until last week when I scheduled it, it just felt casual. Now it's serious, and I feel like i'm in WAY over my head.
    I scheduled my CBT last week for the 16th of July at 8am. I'm freaking out! Ive already gone through the CISSP Study Guide by Eric Conrad, Seth Misenar and Joshua Feldman, as well as gotten through some Online Training we have access to at my job. Im only 3 videos from completing that, once done there I will review my two weakest areas, and then take their final exam and see how I do there. I also have the Harris AIO, and the Official Guide to the CISSP CBK Second edition. Will probably try to get through those in the next 5 weeks and then try to find even more practice questions to drill on. It's been a long journey already and I don't even feel like ive even really begun to get into it seriously yet, up until last week when I scheduled it, it just felt casual. Now it's serious, and I feel like i'm in WAY over my head.

How long have you been studying for? How many years of experience you have, then I can tell you if you are way over your head, lol! From many people, the average time it takes to fully prepare for this exam would be at a minimum of 3 months, I've been preparing since March and test next month as well.
    Ive been studying on and off for the last 6 months or so. Ive been in my current job role for a little over 4 years working with domain security, firewalls, physical access through keycards, managing an endpoint protection server, and writing policies among other duties as an IT member at a large law firm. I have a Associates degree in Information Systems and Data Processing that as i understand can take the place of one year of experience. So i know i SHOULD meet the REQUIREMENT, but I would guess only just barely. I obtained Sec+ September of 2010 and have had CISSP aspirations since.
    Ive been studying on and off for the last 6 months or so. Ive been in my current job role for a little over 4 years working with domain security, firewalls, physical access through keycards, managing an endpoint protection server, and writing policies among other duties as an IT member at a large law firm. I have a Associates degree in Information Systems and Data Processing that as i understand can take the place of one year of experience. So i know i SHOULD meet the REQUIREMENT, but I would guess only just barely. I obtained Sec+ September of 2010 and have had CISSP aspirations since.

Associates is not enough!
    One year waiver of the professional experience requirement based on a candidate’s education Candidates can substitute a maximum of one year of direct full-time security professional work experience described above if they have a four-year college degree OR Advanced Degree in information security from a U.S. National Center of Academic Excellence in information Security (CAEIAE) or regional equivalent.

BUT! Your Sec+ takes off the year of experience req instead!1!

Experience Waver for Approved Certifications PurposeTo recognize the efforts of any CISSP® candidate who has received any credential deemed as approved, and apply such credential and associated requirements, toward a waiver of experience.

PolicyA candidate shall be permitted a waiver of one (1) year experience for any credential on the approved list below.

• CompTIA Security+
    I would say a good way to gauge yourself would be to consistently score over a 80% on your practice exams.....
    Ah emerald_octane, now i remember reading that, that's why I was under the impression I only needed 4 years experience, from my Sec+, not my degree. Okay I'm good there. And Yes TBRAYS I'm not to the "practice exams" stage yet, I'm still kind of studying, I'm thinking in a week to two weeks i'll start hammering out a bunch of practice exams so that I still have time to hit areas I'm not up to par in. I think the deadline is 24 or 48 hours or so, so if I get to the point where I'm a week or a little less away from my date, and I'm not comfortable with my practice exam scores, I can reschedule for $20. better than failing and paying another full exam fee.
    Ah emerald_octane, now i remember reading that, that's why I was under the impression I only needed 4 years experience, from my Sec+, not my degree. Okay I'm good there. And Yes TBRAYS I'm not to the "practice exams" stage yet, I'm still kind of studying, I'm thinking in a week to two weeks i'll start hammering out a bunch of practice exams so that I still have time to hit areas I'm not up to par in. I think the deadline is 24 or 48 hours or so, so if I get to the point where I'm a week or a little less away from my date, and I'm not comfortable with my practice exam scores, I can reschedule for $20. better than failing and paying another full exam fee.

I'm the king of re-scheduling....
    I'm the king of re-scheduling....

And there sint anything wrong with that, if you arent comfortable taking it, dont!
  • SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is my first post I am a regular visitor of CISSP forum. I wish to take the exam on September 10, 2012 though I did not booked yet.

I actually started to read AIO in 2009 but I was not serious. I started several times to do it but situation changes everytime. Now I am serious and started reading regularly. Basically I am concentrating on AIO and also going quickly through Conrad book. I also have a wish to go through OIG later for a quick review.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me?

Thanks
    SKyBlue
    SkyBlue wrote: »
    This is my first post I am a regular visitor of CISSP forum. I wish to take the exam on September 10, 2012 though I did not booked yet.

I actually started to read AIO in 2009 but I was not serious. I started several times to do it but situation changes everytime. Now I am serious and started reading regularly. Basically I am concentrating on AIO and also going quickly through Conrad book. I also have a wish to go through OIG later for a quick review.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me?

Thanks
    SKyBlue

I'm doing the same exact thing!