Options

Just wanted to comment on the Network+ book by Mike Meyers

bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am far from being able to say that this book has helped me pass the test because I am far from finishing the book. I will say though, that from what I have read this book does an AMAZING job at breaking information down to the most fundamental level in a way that is easily comprehendable. I looked around the net for a while for online sources of information, which there are plenty of, but could not find anything that could provide the mental glue to piece it all together. Just wanted to give my 2 pennies on the book and recommend it for anyone else just beginning their studies for this exam....now back to workicon_study.gif
If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one

Comments

• Options
    wellnowwhatwellnowwhat Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's great to hear. I am looking at either the Meyers book or the Kevin Wallace "Authorized" guide. Sounds like most people love the Meyers book, so I may have to shell out the extra ten bucks for it.
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I used "Network+ All in One", along with transcender's practice exam/flashcards. Good luck!
  • Options
    JfazJfaz Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm using his N10-005 book also, currently on chapter 9. I had to skip the subnetting section of chapter 7, as I was not able to comprehend his explanation on how to do it. I'm currently looking for other sources (messer and the subnetting made easy post on this site) to help me grasp it. Overall, I enjoy his writing style as convey's the topic clearly without boring you too much.
  • Options
    ChronoChrono Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    His 005 book is $32. I can get his 004 book in like new condition for $12.00 shipped which is a lot less. I want to take the 005 exam. Which book would you guys suggest getting?
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well you're taking the 005, so I would get the 005 book.....
  • Options
    mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not sure if I'm going to take the 004 or 005 exam. If I get the 005 book, will it everything I need if I decide to take the 004 exam?
  • Options
    magisterludimagisterludi Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wondering if you could provide more details on the "trancender" practise exams/flashcards.

All tools of learning are of interest to me as I head study groups at my local JC.

A link, perhaps?
  • Options
    mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The transcender practice exam and flash cards has to be purchased from them. Haven't been able to find them for free yet.

Transcender CompTIA Network+ Certification Training | Practice Exams | Online Training