Windows Server 2012 Relase Canidate Is LIVE!!! (links inside)

wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

The Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Release Candidate is available for download!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/new.aspx

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Once more, into the breach. . .

I'm downloading it now, I guess it'll be time to jump to the 2012 upgrade right after finishing up my 2008 certs.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • bdubbdub Member Posts: 154
    And its official, MS has turned their backs on those of us with an MCITP: EA

MCSE: Server Infrastructure
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Downloaded it last night and set up in Virtual Box. Haven't played with it that much, but the Metro UI is less annoying than in Win 8.

I did read someplace (?) that Server 2K12 would allow for switching between server core and full GUI without a reinstall. That could be really powerful (ex: use GUI to configure then flip to Server Core when the server goes in to production).
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice!

Thanks for sharing
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    bdub wrote: »

yeah, so what's up with that?
  • X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bdub wrote: »

Correct me if I am wrong. Last time I checked having an MCITP:EA automatically gave you a MCSA server 2008. Which is in the pre prerequisite for MSCE Server Infrastructure. A colleague of mine has a MCITP:EA and he received an email from Microsoft saying that he has earned a MCSA: Server 2008.

Can any other MCITP:EA's confirm this?
  • 0xFFFFFF0xFFFFFF Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I don't have the MCITP:EA. I just have the MCSE:2003 and was planning to do the MCITP:EA. From what I gathered, both MCITP: Server Administrator and MCITP: Enterprise Administrator certifications will automatically give you the MCSA Server 2008 status. With the MCSA:2008, you can upgrade to the new MCSE: SI by taking three exams in server 2012. People are pissed off because MS is basically saying MCITP EA and SA are the same for the upgrade purpose.
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Anyone know of an upgrade path from server 2003? ;)

Will have to get this and have a little look at it really hope Metro can be turned off.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• bdubbdub Member Posts: 154
    X10MMX wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong. Last time I checked having an MCITP:EA automatically gave you a MCSA server 2008. Which is in the pre prerequisite for MSCE Server Infrastructure. A colleague of mine has a MCITP:EA and he received an email from Microsoft saying that he has earned a MCSA: Server 2008.

Can any other MCITP:EA's confirm this?

Yes that is correct. However, receiving a MCITP: SA also gives you the exact same MCSA: Server 2008 cert.

While there is still some value in having the EA over the SA, this is still a pretty big slap in the face as far as I'm concerned.
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I logged in to get the download but when i went to install it they wanted the serial number.
    Tried to click next, next through it but at the end VMware would nt install because i never put in the serial number.

I reread the page that Microsoft sent me but I did not find any mention about a number needed.

Do I need to call Microsoft to get it tomorrow?

thanks
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    X10MMX wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong. Last time I checked having an MCITP:EA automatically gave you a MCSA server 2008. Which is in the pre prerequisite for MSCE Server Infrastructure.

Actually, the prerequisite for MCSE: Server Infrastructure is MSCA: Windows Server 2012, not MCSA: Windows Server 2008. The MCITP: EA and MCITP: SA both give you the same MCSA: Windows Server 2008, which can then has to be upgraded to MCSA: Windows 2012 with the same exam: 70-417.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.