Collecting malware

dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
Does anyone have and advice on the best way to start collecting malware? I'd like to learn a little about malware analysis, but don't really have a good idea on how to collect malware...
Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I can recommend a few adult sites for you... j/king.

Check this out: Malware Domain List
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That's easy. Just browse through a bunch of pr0n sites. icon_lol.gif
    I'm only cruising these pr0n sites for research purposes! I swear!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Actually, adult sites are typically safer than most.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Actually, adult sites are typically safer than most.

Yeah I saw those reports on several tech sites. Pron sites want to keep and attract customers so they make sure they are safe.
    You're right. I just couldn't help throwing a pr0n joke in there. Back in the day, they used to be one of the worst. I remember coming across computers that had dialers secretly downloaded (back in the grand days of 56k!) which would automatically dial 900 numbers from the computer's modem so they could secretly bill the person. Sneaky stuff like that got **** sites the bad reputation they have these days.

OP, Bit torrent has LOTS of malware for you to collect. Go to pirate bay or some site like that, do a search for a common piece of software, and organize by what has the lowest rating by users. Usually the ones with bad marks will have comments about all the horrible viruses stashed in that torrent
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    dmoore44 wrote: »
    Does anyone have and advice on the best way to start collecting malware? I'd like to learn a little about malware analysis, but don't really have a good idea on how to collect malware...

Have you come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal savior? If you haven't, you should. He can put you on the path you are seeking to take to Malware-Mongering fufillment. icon_lol.gif