Taking my OS test Friday…

Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hopefully after this Friday I will be A+ certified! I already took Hardware about a month ago and scored a 784 which I was very pleased with. I really hyped myself up for the test and got really nervous about it, but after taking it I thought it was pretty easy and felt that I actually over prepared for it. So I am trying not to stress myself out over the OS test, since I am sure I will do fine. I have been taking many practice tests (offline and online) and I never score below an 85%, in fact I just took a 210 question Prep Logic test and got a 90%, so I am feeling pretty confident, but still nervous. I am not really sure why I posted this but I will let you guys know how I do on Friday.

Comments

• SpyWebSpyWeb Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck man....
    I'm you'll pass
    SpyWeb.jpg

"I Had the Right Answers... The exam had the wrong questions!!!"
    SpyWeb
  • Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    I'm in the same boat as you. I was worried about the test and wondering if I was prepared enough. Once I got in there and started taking it I realized it was not much different than some of the practice exams I had taken. I think the practice questions that come with the books and found on this site and others are as equally important as the books themselves.

Let us know how you felt the OS difficulty compares with the Core. I'm getting ready to take my OS in the next week or so. Also, let everyone know what study tools you used. Good Luck icon_thumright.gif
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • the_alpha_geekguythe_alpha_geekguy Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Writing my OS this Friday as well.
  • Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just got back from the test, passed it with a 718, I am pretty happy with my score. I would say it was a bit harder than hardware but I still found it to be fairly easy overall. And I also studied a bit more for hardware. Honestly if you study using a few different sources, take plenty of practice tests and consistently score above an 85% on them you should have nothing to worry about. I found many of the questions to be similar to those found on practice tests, some practice tests I took where even harder than the actual test. There were a few questions on the test that I had never seen anywhere however. I listed my primary study sources below…

- Mike Myers AIO (Main study source)
    - A+ Training Guide, Fifth Edition (Charles Brooks)
    - Prep Logic practice exams (I had two, one was a bit older/outdated)
    - An older exam essentials practice exam
    - As many online practice exams as I could find

So yeah I am pretty happy, gonna celebrate tonight and then its on to Net+.
  • Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    congrats on the pass. Good luck with the Network+. I'll see you in that forum in a few weeks.
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • sonicboysonicboy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Matt_Smi wrote:
    Just got back from the test, passed it with a 718, I am pretty happy with my score. I would say it was a bit harder than hardware but I still found it to be fairly easy overall. And I also studied a bit more for hardware. Honestly if you study using a few different sources, take plenty of practice tests and consistently score above an 85% on them you should have nothing to worry about. I found many of the questions to be similar to those found on practice tests, some practice tests I took where even harder than the actual test. There were a few questions on the test that I had never seen anywhere however. I listed my primary study sources below…

- Mike Myers AIO (Main study source)
    - A+ Training Guide, Fifth Edition (Charles Brooks)
    - Prep Logic practice exams (I had two, one was a bit older/outdated)
    - An older exam essentials practice exam
    - As many online practice exams as I could find

So yeah I am pretty happy, gonna celebrate tonight and then its on to Net+.
    you mean **** papers? icon_confused.gif: