Easy and quick exam just to get Microsoft certified ?

jbyjby Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All, i am currently preparing for 70-680 but i read that is very very difficult, so i'm taking time to prepare that. But i have another problem you see, at the same time my employer is pressuring me to get certified within a week or so because he needs to show his clients that all his engineers are MS certified.

I have 7 years experience with desktop support, most of my experience is in Apple OSX but i also worked extensively on xp/vista/7. I was wondering what is the most easy exam ever in the world that one can do just to get Microsoft certified (MCP or MCTS, MCITP, etc) i just want to do a quick exam, self study and pass and get 1 certification/microsoft title

Appreciate your advise thanks.

Comments

• tamseytamsey Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello jby,

If you want an easy Microsoft exam you should take the windows vista 70-620. I have taken it and passed on first try.

TS: Configuring Microsoft Windows Vista Client.

I have also taken the 70-680 exam, and got a score of 686 icon_sad.gif But i will say that the windows 7 exam is more enterprice oriented. When do the 70-680 windows 7 labs from the MSPRESS book, you will learn about enterprice features like LTI and ZTI ( LITE thouch and Zero thouch deployment ). You learn about WSUS, windows performance toolkit ( how to take trace with xperf ), applocker etc. So i will say that the Windows 7 requires you to do alot of labbing.

But i think giving you a week for an certification is cracy, because you really want to leuarn the concepts, set up labs and test and play with the technology. The question we can ask ourself is, why did he not ask you to get certified before, giving you more time to study and get certified in xyz, instead of coming one week before telling you to rush trough an certification.

But i wish you the best of luck! long story short i recomend the windows vista exam if you are in a hurry.
  • MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There really isn't a "Quick and Easy" MS cert when it comes to the windows 7. Self study would put you at least a month or two out depending on how much time you could put to studying/labbing depending on how much Windows 7 experience you have. If you rush it too fast, you'll quickly find out how hard this test is and fail it the first shot.

I've had extensive experience working in Desktop Administration and what was on this test wasn't easy for me and I have over 7 years of IT experience (about 3 years with windows 7) and they touched on many topics that I rarely would encounter. Is it doable to get this in a week? Sure, if you study like crazy and your boss allows you to study while at work. You'd be looking at several hours of study/labbing per day if this is your plan.

Good luck, you will need it.
  • jbyjby Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the replies. i am not looking for a windows 7 specific exam as i am aware that they are extremely difficult.

I guess i'm going to go ahead and do the vista exam 70-620

By the way what about exam 70-270 windows XP, is that even EASIER than 70-620 ?

Thank you, like i said i'm just looking for get any microsoft certified label on me for the time being.
  • mr_tech_ukmr_tech_uk Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah I would like to know as well 70-270 will get you an MCP
  • dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    The 620 exam was kind of a one off, it is much simpler than the other client exams. However just because one person says its easy doesn't mean it will be for someone else. Don't assume because everyone uses client OS's that the associated exams will be easy (think aout how you use your laptop os, I use mine for running applications and very rarely actually use any features). The best thing you can do is head over to to microsoft.com and have a look at the objectives for each exam and decide which one you have most experience/familiarity with and brush up on the bits you don't know. All exams will need study if only to look into the features you have not used (such as efs , offline files, Minimum recommended HW requirements).
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
    Dale thanks for the advice
  • ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Honestly I think taking Vista or XP is a mistake. An MCP alone really does not provide much value, and that's all you'd get from taking XP. Vista alone is a fairly worthless certification. Pretty much no one has asked, asks, or will ever ask for it. There is a lot of demand for the Windows 7 certification, by comparison, and there will continue to be.

Yes, 620 is easy compared to 270 or 680. It's so much easier it's basically cheating. Get a real certification that has value and tests useful business knowledge. Get your 70-680, 70-681, or 70-640.

Edit: 70-270 is not easy, by the way. It is, IMO, much harder than 680 or 620. It doesn't matter if you've used XP every day since it was in beta, because the materials tested include features that are hard to memorize and you've probably never used or will use. I think it's a bad choice to take at this point in time, period, because it's harder than 680 or 681, less applicable to modern IT, and doesn't meet any requirements that 680 and 681 don't (they can fill in for MCSE and MCSA 2003 client requirements in place of 70-270).
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • dalesdales Member Posts: 225
    Agreed that the vista exam probably isn't worth the hassle as not many companies had time to (or wanted to upgrade to it). I think that the xp 270 still has some legs in it though alot of places I consult with still has xp as their main desktop os (despite there only being 640 odd days left until all support ends for it), hell even VDI products still list it as a os you can use as a desktop.

But if you just want your first certification then the 680 is probably the safest bet to start with, however as I said before if you have not obtained a cert before then there is no harm in going for one you think you will have the least trouble with, Even if it is the vista exam as it will give you a good grounding on how exams are tested and how the whole process works. You wont have the nerves jangling after studying something not quite so familiar and not knowing what to do, where the loos and the water coolers are or what the testing cubicles are like at your local testing center.
    Kind Regards
    Dale Scriven

Twitter:dscriven
    Blog: vhorizon.co.uk
  • ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ptilsen wrote: »
    Honestly I think taking Vista or XP is a mistake. An MCP alone really does not provide much value, and that's all you'd get from taking XP. Vista alone is a fairly worthless certification. Pretty much no one has asked, asks, or will ever ask for it. There is a lot of demand for the Windows 7 certification, by comparison, and there will continue to be.

Yes, 620 is easy compared to 270 or 680. It's so much easier it's basically cheating. Get a real certification that has value and tests useful business knowledge. Get your 70-680, 70-681, or 70-640.

Edit: 70-270 is not easy, by the way. It is, IMO, much harder than 680 or 620. It doesn't matter if you've used XP every day since it was in beta, because the materials tested include features that are hard to memorize and you've probably never used or will use. I think it's a bad choice to take at this point in time, period, because it's harder than 680 or 681, less applicable to modern IT, and doesn't meet any requirements that 680 and 681 don't (they can fill in for MCSE and MCSA 2003 client requirements in place of 70-270).
    I never took 620, but I agree 270 is much harder than 680, although I took 680 shortly after beta I believe.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • jbyjby Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all, i guess based on everyone's inputs i can safely conclude that 70-620 is the easiest microsoft exam ever made. So i guess i will proceed with 70-620 .

I understand that it is a waste of time, but i mentioned in my original post that i am actually working on 7-680 but it is so hard. as i said before the reason i want easy exam because i need to get microsoft certified within 1 week and i don't care about the value of it just need a paper with my name and microsoft logo certification.

thank you all for your help.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Can you even still take the XP exam?
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
    That's what is way going to say
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    70-680 is fairly easy IMO
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Also, the MTA exams are ridiculously easy if you're just looking to be MS certified.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    4_lom wrote: »
    Also, the MTA exams are ridiculously easy if you're just looking to be MS certified.

Arent MTA exams meant for out of high school grad level people with no exp? I know my boss laughed in the office after he interviewed an experienced tech who had an MTA.
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah, they're meant for academic programs teaching basic skills. They're not professional certifications. Claiming to be Microsoft certified as a result of having an MTA is only being technically truthful. Realistically, someone with CompTIA A+ is more "Microsoft" certified than an MTA since the CompTIA is at least heavily focused on troubleshooting Windows PCs and is recognized as a professional certification (even if entry-level).
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    I dont get the lol about the MTA's I seriously doubt a high school student could just walk in and pass the server MTA. it's quite difficult even if it's entry level. It would take someone with experience to pass that test. and as far as 70-270 that is by far one of the harder mcp exams i had to take. It is not to be taken as a walk in the park...
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.