Exam MCTS 70-680

zelawarzelawar Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All
I am going to take the MCTS exam next month is there any good recomendations ,idea and resources for studing I am using official academic course from microsoft
regards
Zak

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    go through past posts in this forum to find out what people who have passed the exam did and what resources they used.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the forum. For this exam, it helps to have multiple resources. Don Poulton's book is solid for this exam. Technet will fill in any blanks.
    I would make sure you are labbing through all the exam objectives, too.
    Good practice exams are Self-test. The MeasureUP with the book are ok.
    I also found that looking through the 686 exam material helps.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Psoasman wrote: »
    I would make sure you are labbing through all the exam objectives, too.

Labbing is a must for this exam.

There are a multitude of threads on this topic. It should not be hard to find it all. Good luck, you WILL need it.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Professor Messer videos is an awesome start
  • tigermantigerman Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have a question hopeful someone can help? With windows 8 releases around the corner, I wondering if take this exam is still going to be worse wild? Any one have an idea what I should do? Stick with this exam or go for the new win 8? Does anyone think win 8 going to take off or floppy like vista?
  • netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would take the windows 7 exam. It will be a while before there are good resources for Win 8 not to mention the fact they will want to heavily test on the new features. Win 8 will do great in the consumer market however I don't see a big calling in the corporate world.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    netsysllc wrote: »
    I would take the windows 7 exam. It will be a while before there are good resources for Win 8 not to mention the fact they will want to heavily test on the new features. Win 8 will do great in the consumer market however I don't see a big calling in the corporate world.

I agree. A lot of companies are just adopting windows 7, some from XP. I predict corporate sitting this one out.

Take the windows 7 test. It will be awhile before the windows 8 test is out, and even longer before study resources are out.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    Remeber specifically what DISM is and does what Imagex is and does, also knowing what WSIM is and does. Seems easy when I say that but that is a lot of learning there.
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Prof. Messer Vid's and the Poulton book are all anyone should need for this exam. However, you also need to do labs based on the material presented in the book and videos.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• ProfessorMesserProfessorMesser Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    4_lom wrote: »
    Prof. Messer Vid's and the Poulton book are all anyone should need for this exam. However, you also need to do labs based on the material presented in the book and videos.

I agree with 4_lom; the 70-680 course is a complex animal. You'll not only need a good understanding of the processes and procedures, but you'll also need to know command line use with all of the important switches. If you spend time doing the hands-on, you'll find those details will soak-in that much faster.
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    I agree with 4_lom; the 70-680 course is a complex animal. You'll not only need a good understanding of the processes and procedures, but you'll also need to know command line use with all of the important switches. If you spend time doing the hands-on, you'll find those details will soak-in that much faster.

You're not THEE Professor Messer, are you?
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging