Passed the 70-685 Today!

bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed it on my second attempt today, this test is a toughie!

The first time I attempted this test I struggled quite a bit with Direct Access and VPN related questions, these are 2 areas that I would definitely suggest studying hard, and if possible labbing.

I used a combination of CBT Nuggets, the 70-685 self paced training kit, as well as the 70-640 self paced training kit. The 70-640 material really helped glue all of the pieces of the 70-685 together, while it is technically a Windows 7 exam, there are A LOT of server and domain related questions on there. I also took some time and researched some of the more common types of servers found in various networks, WSUS,DNS,DHCP,RADIUS,RAS, and CA to name a few. Be prepared to go outside of the recommended scope of this test if you really want to nail it.

I have already read the book for Net+ and made a last minute decision to switch gears and go for the CCENT cert so that is next on my radar.

As always thanks to everyone on this site for their support, time to go change my certs to MCITP!
If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one

Comments