Options

Denver 5/19/12 Exam

JinuyrJinuyr Member Posts: 251 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all!

Just wanted to see who took the exam in Denver on 5/19/12. I took the SSCP and I got my butt kicked I think, lol

I used the latest AIO along with the StudiScope from ISC2. The AIO covered at least 85% of the material I ran into on the test while the StudiScope material gave me a pretty realistic view of what the test was actually like.

For the most part I felt prepared but a weakness I have come to realize that I have is my difficulty in choosing the best answer when all of them appear to be pretty much equal. I had to spend a lot of time recreating a similar scenario in my head to determine what would I, my superiors, or my organization would have done if something like this were to happen. If I pass, then I think it's safe to say that I got off lucky and that my organization is doing a lot of things right based on best practice. If not, then maybe we have organizational kinks to work out, haha

I think there were 60 of us in the room with 2 people taking the SSCP, 1 working on a concentration to the CISSP, and the rest were CISSP.

Win, lose, or draw, I will definitely keep working on it in the hopes of one day getting my CISSP.

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    Best of luck... Hopefully the wait won't be too long for you. I think the SSCP is really an undervalued test, and a lot more challenging than most people realize.
  • Options
    Thanks. It's no joke that's for sure.

If anyone out there is thinking of taking this after the Security+ and think that it's easy, it's not. Make sure you study up. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    Just got my results this morning! I PASSED! ^_^

Off to start studying for the CASP!
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Congratulations, Jinuyr! I'm happy for you!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    nomadicallynomadically Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Jinuyr!! Nice job!
  • Options
    signal_16signal_16 Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on the CASP!!
  • Options
    SecurityGuy856SecurityGuy856 Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I can honestly say all the studying the money spent and even the grueling wait all seem worth it now - CISSP = priceless!!
  • Options
    Thanks all!

Also want to give a huge thank you and shout out to Darril Gibson. I've read your Security+ and SSCP AIO book and passed both exams.

You making a CISSP book by chance? icon_study.gif