Options

new exam codes

acidburneracidburner Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
The recent exam code of a+ hardware is 220-301,
according to this website.
Does anyone know till when this exam code is valuable?

thx

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    There has been no mention of any upgrade to the A+ exams, which is when they usually change the exam number. They just did it in 2003, so probably not for a couple more years.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    So you think that when I take the exam still in 2006 it will still be on the 2003 exam objectives?
    How can I be 100 % sure about this?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You can't be sure. Only Comptia knows when they will change the objectives. I would say it is a fair bet this entire year will be using the 2003 objectives. Either way, they don't change too drastically, just a bit of an update for any newer technologies.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Ricka182 wrote:
    You can't be sure. Only Comptia knows when they will change the objectives. I would say it is a fair bet this entire year will be using the 2003 objectives. Either way, they don't change too drastically, just a bit of an update for any newer technologies.

The only people who know are CompTIA. They'll make announcements so you can read their website. We're likely to post it here as soon as we know about it.

IF you are worried that you will be studing something that won't exist - Don't! If they make any revisions, they may drop some items, but the basic knowledge you will still need to know. THe exam as most exams, deal with the technology people are using today. WIth the exception of the most recent additions, what you have been using and studing won't be a waste of time.

Take it sooner to avoid worrying about an exam change ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    thx a lot,
    I will do that