Linux Professional Institute Focuses Exam Delivery at Pearson VUE

lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
I just found this in my Inbox and thought it might be interesting.
NOTICE: LPI Focuses Exam Delivery at Pearson VUE

Effective July 1, 2012, LPI exams will be delivered exclusively with
Pearson VUE via its worldwide network of more than 5,000 testing
centers. LPI certification exams will no longer be available at
Prometric testing centers at that time. Pearson VUE has been delivering
LPI exams since our inception in 1999.

Focusing on Pearson VUE for exclusive worldwide delivery of LPI exams
will simplify the overall testing experience for our candidates and
provide them with one point of contact to serve all of their testing needs.

Source: eMail-Newsletter from LPI
Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
Goal for 2014: RHCA
Goal for 2015: CCDP

Comments

• swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Everyone is dumping Prometric at the same time. All I can say is good riddance.
  • lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I always found Prometric (especially the website) a pain, so from my point of view, good choice.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Pearson wasn't so great when I was registering for the CEH, but other then that I've liked it.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Looking at responses on the LPI mailing list, LPI may shot themselves in the foot with this move, especially with candidates in less developed countries. Some are now required to travel considerable distances to a Pearson testing center. And these are countries LPI was very proud to promote itself in, via their academia.
    In a gandalf-esque fashion, LPI decided on this switch without consulting its members nor broader audience, and some are already objecting to the way this switch was made, and rightfully so. How can limiting oneself to a single exam provider be more convenient for the candidates?
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Sometimes it makes more sense to be professional than to be convenient. Of course the idea is to have both, but I think they made the right choice. I have 3 Prometric centers in my city but have to travel just over an hour to the closest Vue center. With that in mind, given the choice between convenience and quality, I choose Vue. Every single time I have tested at Prometric, something has gone wrong. Of the half dozen times I have tested at Vue, nothing has gone wrong.