Options

ICS on 2003

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
HI

I am haveing trouble enabling internet access on my xp client, the internet come into my server 2003 nic while i have a second nic connected to a 5 port switch with the client plugged into, there is no option to enable ICS

Has anyone set this up

Lee H

Comments

• Options
    Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    What version of 2003 are you running? I know 2003 SBS does not support ICS so i would check that your version does!!
    Also check that you dont already have NAT installed and configured and if not you could install RRAS and use NAT to achieve the same result!!
  • Options
    Hi

I am using 2003 standard edition, never heard of any of the other stuff ya mentioned gonna look into it

Lee H
  • Options
    I tried to install RRAS but its not an option
  • Options
    You will find routing and remote access by going to start - admin tools - routing and remote access.
    It is installed by default in 2003 but is disabled!
    Then go to help and support for steps in configuring NAT. This should do the trick!! :D
  • Options
    hi

i'm a bit stuck on NAT, ive configured the client to dial into my vpn but it still dont work, is there a lot to configure
  • Options
    Unfortunately i have not actually setup connection sharing through this method myself, but wil do it when i have more time. Check out this link and see if it helps you any!!

http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid7_gci1147610,00.html?bucket=ETA[/url]