Queston on Server+

dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
Quick question here, I am planning on taking the server + here in a couple weeks and was wondering how good an indicator the practice test was in Johnathan Lau's book? Usually on practice tests I like to be scoring around 90 before I go and take a test so was wondering if I score a 90 on this particular test would it be a good indication that I am ready? Thanks all.
WGU - B.S. Information Technology
Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)

Comments

• quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lau's books is great for a consice listing detailing each objective, but as for the questions, they are a little on the weak side. I recently sat the Server+ and I believe the Exam Cram and Measureup questions were a very accurate simulation of the real thing. I would suggest also trying the practice exams on the CompTIA website: Sample Questions

I wrote a quick speil about it, see link: http://www.techexams.net/forums/server/77046-exam-cram-server.html#post631599
    The Wings of Technology
  • dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Quinnyfly, I also have the skillsoft server+ cbt I can use as well. I figure between that and the Lau book I should be good to go. I might also check out the exam cram as well.
    Goals for 2013: Complete B.S. Information Technology from WGU (Completed! Graduated August 2013), CCNA (in progress)
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Reckon ya might, also having the other certs under your belt (especially if done recently) I'd have to say you already have easily 2/3rds of the Server + exam sorted. Just be sure to know about RAID, SCSI, DRP's, Backups....etc
    The Wings of Technology
  • dragonshizdragonshiz Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Haha yeah I just passed Network + in April and than Security + in June and I do A+ cert stuff at work all the time so I figure now is better than later.
  • DJohnsonRoseDJohnsonRose Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can't find Server+ on Measureup could you please provide a link as I am sitting my Server+ in a few weeks