Options

a question about the exam

jimxjimx Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm getting ready to take the Hardware exam on Monday and was curious as to how many questions, out of the 80, that you can miss and still get a passing score. I know each question is weighted differently but if someone could kind of estimate, or possibly, if you've passed it, list your score and how many you missed total, to kind of give me an idea. Thanks for any help regarding this.

Comments

• Options
    sonicboysonicboy Inactive Imported Users Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm also curious about the marks allocated for questions that consist of more than one answers (checkboxes).

Some experts, please advice. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    avxavx Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just passed last week, and you won't know which ones you got wrong.. you will be able to print out a sheet telling you the areas you got one or more wrong.

you're best bet is try to score as high as you can..lol
  • Options
    avx wrote:
    I just passed last week, and you won't know which ones you got wrong.. you will be able to print out a sheet telling you the areas you got one or more wrong.

you're best bet is try to score as high as you can..lol
    suppose you were to skip some questions that you are unsure of the answers, will you be able to get back to them later on?
  • Options
    evanderburgevanderburg Member Posts: 229 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes. You can check them for review and go back to them at the end. Be sure to answer all questions before ending your exam because all unanswered questions will be marked wrong once you end the exam.
    "You can never know everything and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyway. " - Lan, Winter's Heart by Robert Jordan
  • Options
    Yes. You can check them for review and go back to them at the end. Be sure to answer all questions before ending your exam because all unanswered questions will be marked wrong once you end the exam.
    okie.
    another question I have is, will the passing marks change from time to time or they remain constant?
  • Options
    1Ste1Ste Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im pretty sure, even though I have never taken any Cert exam (Yet), that the passing scores remain the same...
    Working for Network+, Server+, CCNA, Security+, CCNP, CCIE. MCSE.

Bachelors Degree in computer information Systems.

Wanna help?
  • Options
    1Ste wrote:
    Im pretty sure, even though I have never taken any Cert exam (Yet), that the passing scores remain the same...
    any idea for questions whereby we were asked to choose more than one answers, will we be awarded marks even though we did not get all the answers correct (eg: 2 out of 3 answers are correct)?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    From sonicboy:
    will we be awarded marks even though we did not get all the answers correct (eg: 2 out of 3 answers are correct)?

You are required to get all of the answers correct in order for the question to be answered correctly--NO Partial answers are accepted.

The passing scores now, are always, for the Core hardware 515, for the OS 505. The last time this changed was when CompTIA updated the exam itself, and changed the format from adaptive to standard(that's what I call it). Any change is generally announced well in advance of the change being made. Keep and eye on http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/glancebox.aspx, for exam info,
    and,
    http://www.comptia.org/default.aspx, for news releases.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    janmike wrote:
    From sonicboy:
    will we be awarded marks even though we did not get all the answers correct (eg: 2 out of 3 answers are correct)?

You are required to get all of the answers correct in order for the question to be answered correctly--NO Partial answers are accepted.

The passing scores now, are always, for the Core hardware 515, for the OS 505. The last time this changed was when CompTIA updated the exam itself, and changed the format from adaptive to standard(that's what I call it). Any change is generally announced well in advance of the change being made. Keep and eye on http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/glancebox.aspx, for exam info,
    and,
    http://www.comptia.org/default.aspx, for news releases.
    thanks for the info, buddy. :)
  • Options
    jimxjimx Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    with a 628, I was aiming for a 700 but a pass is a pass. also, not one question was about I/O addresses and only 1 that mentioned IRQs which surprised me, mostly troubleshooting on my test.