CompTIA.org Practise Questions

CMicallefCMicallef Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Going to take the certification test pretty soon.

Past the self-studying I've been doing (have Element K course books etc...), I've been taking a myriad of practice tests and was just wondering if the questions offered from the official CompTIA website (CompTIA.org) are essentially pulled from the actual exam; would I see the exact wording if I happened to get that question pulled from the question bank?

If they're not, can anyone comment as to whether they're easier/harder than what's on the exam?

Thanks!

Comments

• paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    I found that the official Comptia practice exams were actually harder than the real test. :)
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • CMicallefCMicallef Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well, that's good to hear - thanks for the response!

I guess the other question I have is if there's a way to force another set of questions. Last 2 times I tried to take the test (probably within 2 weeks of each other) the selection of questions was the same. I tried with another email/information on the form and still got the same questions as well =/

Are those questions the same for everyone for a set period of time and they swap after a set amount of time or something?

Basically just trying to cram in as many practice tests before I take the test this Friday.

Thanks again!
  • paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    I'v tried that as well, never had success though, I suspect they only change the questions when they update exams.
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    Yea..... the practice exams are harder then the real test i think. But if you can get through those no problem, then you shouldnt have a problem on the test .... Good Luck!
  • quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd have to agree with Paulgswanson in saying that the practise exam are seemingly harder than the actual exam/exams. And he is also right from what I have noticed, it seems they only change when the newer updated exam comes out. From many posters' and my personal experience, I'd have to say that the Measureup prep questions would appear to be the closest simulation of the real exams.
    The Wings of Technology
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    They absolutely are not the same as on the actual exam and are not even created by anyone at CompTIA. They have been outsourced to another company named MeasureUp. If you look in the URL while taking the practice test, you'll see it's a MeasureUp URL.

This thread has some more info: http://www.techexams.net/forums/network/78510-questions-comptias-website.html

Good luck.
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    I found that the official Comptia practice exams were actually harder than the real test. :)

icon_thumright.gif I completely agree. The questions that come with the Mike Myers book are really good too. Good luck with your exam!
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They are not the same as on the test.
    I would still study where you think you are weak, and study to do well on the sample question test at Comptia.org for good practice, but I just grabbed my Net+ and I was worried about my scoring due to barely passing, and I didn't see many of the questions on their website presented in the live.

Best of luck to you today!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP