Is this cert even worth it?

/usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
Just curious if this cert is even worthwhile pursuing. No doubt that I know most of the material already. It's for that reason that I question pursuing this. What makes me want to is that I want an easier cert before I begin the MCSA exams.
Is this cert/will it ever be, valuable in the job market?

Comments

• 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    I don't know about the value, but I think you're ready to go off directly to MCSA/MSCE. But every cert has a "value", otherwise it wouldn't be around.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • TechGeekProTechGeekPro Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Transfer Your i-Net+ Certification... And Become a CIW Associate

You can receive CIW Foundations exam credit and earn your CIW Associate certification...

http://www.ciwcertified.com/exams/examcredit.asp?comm=home&llm=2
    Not only am I certified, I'm certifiable.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Transfer Your i-Net+ Certification... And Become a CIW Associate

You can receive CIW Foundations exam credit and earn your CIW Associate certification...

http://www.ciwcertified.com/exams/examcredit.asp?comm=home&llm=2

Yes...You can do this..Then you would have the INET+ and the CIW associate..Then you could CIW site designer and get your CIW Professional.....Then one last one ..ECommerce to end up w/ you CIW Master Designer.....So yes, the cert is good...depending on what you want to do with it..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i guess will go ahead and take the iNet+ almost another free cert

lol..
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Ya know I asked the same question about A+ becasue it seemed like a step backwards for me. Its all about whats right for you. If you have a good job you can take whatever certs you want. If you are looking, obviously I would get some stand out certs to get a job. As far as iNET goes, I have never seen a wanted ad for it..
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can no longer use the i-Net+ exam for credit towards being CIW after Feb 5, 2005. It has been like that for a long while.

Phil
  • drewm320drewm320 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've never seen any job posting that wanted an I-net+ cert. But if you have an employer who will pay for exams it doesn't hurt to pick it up. Especially since most of the material overlaps Net+ anyway.
  • I didn't think it was too special when I took it. I kinda just took it to take it ya know? Like just for the sake of knowing I have somehting that a lot of other people don't lol. It hsan't done anything for me but thats ok, it was a fun ride.
  • antonio banderasantonio banderas Member Posts: 102
    I will take the I-Net+ and the HTI+. Those will be my last two CompTIA Certifications. I started using the Learn Key trainning CDs for the I-Net+.
    Network/Radiation Oncology Analyst III
  • djyoxdjyox Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can't seem to find the iNet+ on comptia's website. Am I just looking at it right in the face, or is there a reason I don't see it there?
    Taking:
    Network+ - 6May2011
    2011/2012 Goals:
    CCNA / CISSP
    Books & Videos:
    CBT Network+
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think they got rid of it a few years ago.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Talk about blast from the past! The exam was retired at least 6 years ago.
    Oh ok, well, I suppose its just stuff the N+ covers anyhow. I was just trying to get around the 3 year deal with N+ because I missed the Dec deadline to take the test.

And now I see the dates from people posting... My bad...
    Taking:
    Network+ - 6May2011
    2011/2012 Goals:
    CCNA / CISSP
    Books & Videos:
    CBT Network+
  • ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    djyox wrote: »
    Oh ok, well, I suppose its just stuff the N+ covers anyhow. I was just trying to get around the 3 year deal with N+ because I missed the Dec deadline to take the test.

And now I see the dates from people posting... My bad...

The 3 year thing? doesn't matter at all....Network+ is an entry-level certification...hopefully in 3 years you wont need this to validate your skills as your experience/upper-level certs will speak for you.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • PaladinPaladin Banned Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ten9t6 wrote: »
    Yes...You can do this..Then you would have the INET+ and the CIW associate..Then you could CIW site designer and get your CIW Professional.....Then one last one ..ECommerce to end up w/ you CIW Master Designer.....So yes, the cert is good...depending on what you want to do with it..

Wow! iNet+ --> CIW Associate - Thanks, great info!

I passed iNet+ in October 2003. It was easy, like putting a hot knife through a stick of butter. I hope the CIW folks will grandfather me in.

Thanks again!

Paladin
    ISMS Architect and Data Center Manager

P.S. Nice list of certs. This is one certification I wouldn't care to get: Vital records and other important documents in the life of Helen Isabel Manning Engstrom (1913 - 1991)
    ibcritn wrote: »
    The 3 year thing? doesn't matter at all....Network+ is an entry-level certification...hopefully in 3 years you wont need this to validate your skills as your experience/upper-level certs will speak for you.
    I suppose that is true. As of right now I'm currently active duty in the army, so just trying to build up myself so when I get out I can market myself. Although there is some overlap of what we do in the military to what I would do as a civilian, as far as experience, I just want as many open doors as I can get. A nice fluffy resume.
    Taking:
    Network+ - 6May2011
    2011/2012 Goals:
    CCNA / CISSP
    Books & Videos:
    CBT Network+
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Paladin wrote: »
    Wow! iNet+ --> CIW Associate - Thanks, great info!

I passed iNet+ in October 2003. It was easy, like putting a hot knife through a stick of butter. I hope the CIW folks will grandfather me in.

Thanks again!

Paladin
    ISMS Architect and Data Center Manager

P.S. Nice list of certs. This is one certification I wouldn't care to get: Vital records and other important documents in the life of Helen Isabel Manning Engstrom (1913 - 1991)

You know that post was made over 6 years ago, right (going on 7...)?

Just sayin....
    You can no longer use the i-Net+ exam for credit towards being CIW after Feb 5, 2005. It has been like that for a long while.

Phil
    True, I found this post on this page...
    Taking:
    Network+ - 6May2011
    2011/2012 Goals:
    CCNA / CISSP
    Books & Videos:
    CBT Network+