Oracle Database SQL Expert Exam 1Z0-047

ShWiVeLShWiVeL Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
To anyone who took or is pursuing the 1Z0-047 exam, how difficult would you gauge the exam/study process? I do not intend to take the administration exam to get my OCA, just the sql expert exam. Re: my background/education, I do not have a computer science degree (I have a degree in accounting and am an auditor), but am currently getting my masters in information technology. I write Oracle sql on a daily basis however I only have SELECT only access to the database where I work; I frequently create complex queries - am familiar with how to use the WITH clause, inline views, subqueries, functions, case statements, sql plus commands/formatting, etc. - but because I only write queries to retrieve and manipulate data, I have no actual experience in a lot of what the exam seems to cover based on the content overview. Of the categories listed for the exam I count about 7 out of 17 that I actually know based on experience - the rest I would have to rely upon a study guide (I just bought Amazon.com: OCA Oracle Database SQL Expert Exam Guide: Exam 1Z0-047 (Oracle Press) (9780071614214): Steve O'Hearn: Books). Do you think someone with my background would have trouble passing this exam; any tips on study materials? Also this may sound like a stupid question - but does this certification have an acronym of some kind? I know if you pass the administration exam you become an OCA but if not is there some other acronym?
Thanks

Comments

• crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    Oracle Database SQL Expert Exam 1Z0-047 is a very difficult exam. I work for 4 years about 10% of my work time on SQL. I do mainly reporting. I advise you to read the study guide (and other books about Oracle SQL) very well and to practice a lot. I have twice failed the exam icon_sad.gif
  • vichalevichale Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes,this exam is difficult,but if you practice more to get more experience and have some peoper training about study materials,passing is relatively easy.there are many online study materials you can choose.it is really helpful if you have no confidence to pass your test.
  • steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    Seeing that I have to take this particular exam soon, what text would you recommend for studying? I've also considered building a PC dedicated to just Oracle 10g/11g training.
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    steelodon wrote: »
    Seeing that I have to take this particular exam soon, what text would you recommend for studying? I've also considered building a PC dedicated to just Oracle 10g/11g training.

Hi

I attended the class room course "Oracle Database 11g: Introduction for Experienced SQL Users". The course was way too difficult for me. After that course I study with this books:
    • OCA Oracle Database SQL Expert Exam Guide: Exam 1Z0-047 (Oracle Press) [ISBN-10: 0071614214 | ISBN-13: 978-0071614214]
    • Study Guide for 1Z0-047: Oracle Database SQL Expert: Oracle Certification Prep [ISBN-10: 1475152434 | ISBN-13: 978-1475152432]
    • OCA Oracle Database 11g SQL Fundamentals I Exam Guide: Exam 1Z0-051 (Oracle Press) [ISBN-10: 0071597867 | ISBN-13: 978-0071597869]
    still in progress.
  • steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    I was wondering about this exam as well. I also have to take this exam soon.