Options

Passed 70-642!!

X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just took my 70-642 and I passed :)

icon_cheers.gif

I going to start on my ICND2 so I can complete my CCNA then back to finish my MCITP EA..

Comments

• Options
    KrunchiKrunchi Member Posts: 237
    Good job way to go icon_wink.gif
    Certifications: A+,Net+,MCTS-620,640,642,643,659,MCITP-622,623,646,647,MCSE-246
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Pass

how do you rate the exam difficulty - i have been preparing for this exam and honestly am struggling to reach ashore ( with DNS , RRAS ) .

what were your primary resources and i am sure the labs in the MSPress book doesnot take you in depth to cover all the materials in the book/test.

Good Luck on your ICND2
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    The exam wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. You do need to know DNS and RRAS. Not sure if im allowed to say what I had on my exam but you defo need to know those topics.

I used the MS Press books and CBT nugget videos. I always find these useful. I start by watching the CBT nugget videos then move on to reading the book to make sure it stuck in my head.

Then later on do the Labs.
  • Options
    DB77DB77 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the 70-642 X10MMX. Care to share your score? I see you already pased the 70-640. Which is harder and is there a lot of overlap?

I am scheduled to take it in July and have been hammering away at studying DNS from the MS Press book and technet.

When are you scheduled to take it and what are you using as study guides Dr. IT?
  • Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome, congrats dude! I'm trying to finish up a couple classes at WGU this month so I can start the 642 in July. I'm hoping its easier than the 640.
  • Options
    DB77.... I got 790, was expecting more but I will take the pass :).. I found the 640 harder but the some of the DNS topics overlap but i don't recall have any of the same questions in the exam. I think for any network DNS is vital to understand.. I wish you all the best for your exam.. i would also advise you Lab if you can as that really put the topic into your head and how it fully works.

Good luck Joe..

Let us know how you get on..
  • Options
    Dracula28Dracula28 Member Posts: 232
    Congrats on your pass. :) I'm taking 640 next week.
    Current certs: MCP (210) MCSA (270, 290, 291 and 680) MCTS (680, 640)
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on your pass!
  • Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    congrats on clearing 642! Best of luck on preparing for 643 its murder icon_rolleyes.gif
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]
  • Options
    Thanks pumbaa... be sure to let me know how you get on... First I wanted to finish my CCNA first..
  • Options
    pumbaa_gpumbaa_g Member Posts: 353
    yup, will do. So far its been 1 1/2 months of MCTS Self Study Guide & CBT Nuggets but not feeling very confident. Will go through a few practice tests and then brush up the weak areas with Windows R2 Unleashed. I am planning CCNA after EA so right back at you mate icon_thumright.gif
    [h=1]“An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.” [/h]