Scheduled 70-680 on 6-22-2012 at 12pm

jjasso21jjasso21 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, everyone. I am scheduled to the 70-680 this Thursday and I am a bit nervous. Mostly because I have only taken CompTIA exams and not any Microsoft ones. For studying, I have went through and read the Poulton Win 7 and MS Press books. I completed the labs contained throughout the two books. I also went through that LearnSmart Exam Manual and the 70-680 notes that someone was kind enough to post on the message boards. Finally I have watched the Professor Messer videos for the Win 7 exam.

Does anyone have any pointers for the exam?

Comments

• neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    The Poulton book would give you a good grounding.

Don't worry, go for it and do your best :)

Just try to relate questions to real-life situations as you would do in work.
  • jjasso21jjasso21 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Update: I passed with a 850. It took me about 1 hr and 10 min to complete. Overall some of the questions did have me scratching my head at some points. I missed a few questions on Deploying Windows 7, Configuring Hardware and Applications, Configuring Network Connectivity and Configuring Access to Resources. The last one is where I did the worst...

Overall I am very pleased with the result. This is my first Microsoft exam and it was not as hard as I thought it would be. On a related note, I was thinking of diving into the 70-685 . Does anyone have any suggestions for which book as to get started?
  • kanecainkanecain Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratz on your pass man!
    WGU - Bachelors of Science - Information Security
    Start Date: Jan. 1st, 2012
    Courses:
    Done!!!
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, nice score. Hope to start studying for this one from next week.
    God deserves my best