Adobe flash certification

Didn't see anything in search about this, but has anyone taken the cert for it? Just wondering what is needed for?
"This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

Comments

• MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's probably needed to show that you can use Adobe Flash, maybe?
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    You mean something along the lines of the Adobe Certified Associate in Flash?

I sat the Rich Media Communication using Adobe Flash CS3 - BETA exam back in 2008 and failed (I only studied two weeks for it with no previous experience), got a score of 525, not sure what the passing score is/was.

Haven't taken any more Adobe exams, so can't really say anything else... Did post about my experience (without violating the NDA), but can't find it now icon_sad.gif
  • Lord NikonLord Nikon Member Posts: 115
    NinjaBoy wrote: »
    You mean something along the lines of the Adobe Certified Associate in Flash?

I sat the Rich Media Communication using Adobe Flash CS3 - BETA exam back in 2008 and failed (I only studied two weeks for it with no previous experience), got a score of 525, not sure what the passing score is/was.

Haven't taken any more Adobe exams, so can't really say anything else... Did post about my experience (without violating the NDA), but can't find it now icon_sad.gif

Yes. Thank you. But what did you use? I see study guides for cs5? I'd like to grab a book from amazon learn and pass the test.
    "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, ****, lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals. Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop me, but you can't stop us all.."

• elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    Flash is kind of being phased out, though, isn't it? Would it really be worthwhile to get a certification in dealing with it?
  • WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    I don't know why you'd want to take the exam. It's basically worthless for anything outside of website design and that has pretty much died as a career field these days along with Adobe Flash sites.
    That and building a flash websites is a really nice way to make navigating a horrible user experience. :shrug:
    I don't know why you'd want to take the exam. It's basically worthless for anything outside of website design and that has pretty much died as a career field these days along with Adobe Flash sites.

Well why do all these jobsask for flash when building their sites? What's the way to go?

• paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you are interested in web site development - you may want to explore HTML5. The comments about Flash being dead is because Adobe has pretty much abandoned that technology in the same way that Microsoft is probably going to abandon Silverlight (my opinion only)

That doesn't mean that there won't be jobs for maintaining all that Flash code that's out there. It's kinda the same as all the COBOL jobs that you can still find on job boards.

Some recent articles you may find interesting including counter-points:

How to replace Flash and Silverlight with HTML5 | TechRepublic
    Why Opposing HTML5 And Flash Is Nonsense - Forbes
    Flash is dead. Long live HTML5. | ZDNet
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    HTML5 all the way like Paul mentioned. Most development going on now is towards smart devices not PC.

A few instructors where I work attended a technology convention in Orlando last year and all of the social media sites there, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc all develop for the smart device first and not the PC. This is of course not using flash technology at all.
    N2IT wrote: »
    HTML5 all the way like Paul mentioned. Most development going on now is towards smart devices not PC.

A few instructors where I work attended a technology convention in Orlando last year and all of the social media sites there, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc all develop for the smart device first and not the PC. This is of course not using flash technology at all.

Ok I see now. Odd that adobe is dumping flash, they just came out with cs6. Html5, is there a cert for that? Guess google is my friend now.

And remember that something doesn't have to have a cert for it to be really worthwhile learning everything about it. icon_wink.gif Pick up an html 5 book or two going by reviews and get a lot of practice and experimenting in until you master it.
    elderkai wrote: »
    And remember that something doesn't have to have a cert for it to be really worthwhile learning everything about it. icon_wink.gif Pick up an html 5 book or two going by reviews and get a lot of practice and experimenting in until you master it.

While I hear what u r saying, it seems that having that certification helps you stand out more with the smaller jobs.

elderkai wrote: »
    That and building a flash websites is a really nice way to make navigating a horrible user experience. :shrug:
    That sounds like something I'd hear from a fellow web-designer. My fiancee is currently maintaining (she built it from the ground up) a website for a company, they ask nearly every week to add some type of flash - she's an expert in flash, but she refuses to put any flash on there as it's extremely unprofessional.
    CCNP R/S
    Lord Nikon wrote: »
    While I hear what u r saying, it seems that having that certification helps you stand out more with the smaller jobs.

I'd say that this certification has to do with more graphic designer type jobs. I wouldn't recommend this certification has it's purely design work. If you were in a company as a Network Engineer, for example, and they found out you knew flash, they'd pull you away from what you'd need to be doing to creating their next banner for their website. I don't know about you, but that would make me extremely unhappy.
    CCNP R/S
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    That sounds like something I'd hear from a fellow web-designer. My fiancee is currently maintaining (she built it from the ground up) a website for a company, they ask nearly every week to add some type of flash - she's an expert in flash, but she refuses to put any flash on there as it's extremely unprofessional.
    I used to play with web design and applications at one point but I'm also a user. icon_wink.gif Your fiance is a good person. One more person aiding the fight against unintuitive design.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    I'd say that this certification has to do with more graphic designer type jobs. I wouldn't recommend this certification has it's purely design work. If you were in a company as a Network Engineer, for example, and they found out you knew flash, they'd pull you away from what you'd need to be doing to creating their next banner for their website. I don't know about you, but that would make me extremely unhappy.

So, just a reminder that not everyone who participates in this forum is doing it for Infrastructure or Networking certs. In addition to server and database administration I also do SharePoint and line-of-business development. So this means I need to know SQL, C#, ASP.NET, HTML, jQuery, JavaScript, etc just as much as I need to understand DNS, TCP/IP, etc.

To the OP: I just took the beta exam for MS 70-480 - Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3. I am doing a write up on the experience (including resources) and it should be finished in the next couple of days. I'll let you know. The exam was pretty easy. If you have a strong foundation in the existing technologies then learning what you need to get started and pass the 70-480 is going to be pretty easy.
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    To the OP: I just took the beta exam for MS 70-480 - Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3. I am doing a write up on the experience (including resources) and it should be finished in the next couple of days. I'll let you know. The exam was pretty easy. If you have a strong foundation in the existing technologies then learning what you need to get started and pass the 70-480 is going to be pretty easy.

Are you now Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD): Web Applications by taking the single exam 70-480: Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3?

Is this exam also for unix folks? Because HTML5/EMCA-Script and CSS is vendor neutral. Are there questions specific to M$? Would be very interested, but I am not a Windows fanboi.