Options

Beware:70-682 does not equal MCITP!

HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
my hopes were when I take 70-682 my hopes were when I take 70-682 http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?id=70-682 I get MCTS and MCITP at the same time but nope. even the exam was split into 2 parts. even on the site it says
"
When you pass Exam 70-682: Pro: Upgrading to Windows 7 MCITP Enterprise Desktop Support Technician, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7
MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration
I emailed Microsoft they said:
"Exam 70-682 is a upgrade exam for candidate who already achieved the MCDST: 2003 certification. You do not hold the MCDST certification and that is the reason it will not give you credit."
[FONT=arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Wait, totally confused. If you currently do not hold the MCDST or EDST certs, why did you take his test?
  • Options
    HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
    I thought its 2 exams in one, 70-680 and 70-685 like stated on the site but was mistaken I guess
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I see where your confusion comes from. However, they clearly stated that "This exam is used to upgrade your MCDST XP or EDST Vista certifications to the EDST Windows 7 certification."

I remember someone else a few months ago brought up a similar issue with upgrade exams. In the future I suggest running you plan by M$ support so there are no surprises.