Options

Passed Project+ today

PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
Just got back from passing, scoring 833 on the exam. I used the Sybex book and the IT Project Management from start to finish. Read through the books and used the practice exams in the Sybex book. Did some uCertify, but after taking the exam, all you need is the Sybex book and the practice questions there. It helps to memorize the formulas, too.

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Just got back from passing, scoring 833 on the exam. I used the Sybex book and the IT Project Management from start to finish. Read through the books and used the practice exams in the Sybex book. Did some uCertify, but after taking the exam, all you need is the Sybex book and the practice questions there. It helps to memorize the formulas, too.

I almost don't feel so bad about my 794...lol. All I used was the Sybex guide, uCertify, and demonfurbie's flashcards with the glossary from CompTIA's site.

Congratulations!! Great score and well done. You might want to look into the CAPM at some point after your WGU studies are over. With the PM course I'm taking in the fall, I am almost certain I'll be taking either that or the PMP itself in December/January. (Buying an Accord, or an Acura.... :) )
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting study materials!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    Thanks for the recommendation on the books!
  • Options
    itsgonnahappenitsgonnahappen Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! You've compiled quite an impressive stable of certs.
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    joehalford01joehalford01 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good deal, how long did it take you to get through all of the material? I still have this class on my to do list.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I actually took about 5 weeks or so, due to using both books from the COS. You can do just fine with the Sybex book and the practice questions from the Sybex book. The charts from the appendix on the Phillips book are great. I memorized the formulas and wrote out the chart before the exam.
  • Options
    steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    I also passed the exam yesterday. I definetly recommend both books. Used uCertify for the practice exams.